May 8, 201511 yr comment_684529 ^^^ OK, not TALL hair metal, but certainly pretty long...and I like them....... Another lovely chanteuse for me, and another one where I wonder why I don't listen more often. Heidi berry - Love. She is quite musical and lyrical. Voice range is limited, but unique and she uses it wonderfully. Different music styles, but she muses to me as mellow beauty in the same way that London Grammar does. Report
May 9, 201511 yr comment_684585 Claire is so proud that she saw Einstürzende Neubauten at a small club in SF in the 80s. It never fails to quiet hipper than thou music heads. Claire +1 Report
May 10, 201511 yr comment_684735 Arstidir (see above for indigenous spelling), Hvel -- this is superb! Proggy acoustic -- obviously not native English speakers, but it gives it a quaintness that I quite like. The musicianship and production values are fantastic. RIYL mellower Sigur Ros, acoustic Alan Parsons Project. Going to have to pick up the vinyl of this, I think. I really like this Report
May 10, 201511 yr comment_684814 It's really great. I'm going to try to see them twice, once in DC, once in Fairfax, VA. Here's to hoping they sound just as great live. Me: starting off in a synthpop mood with Marsheaux's entire catalog, more or less, with a detour through dark'n'spacy with Transport Aerian. Report
May 11, 201511 yr comment_684840 "Snowed In With You: An Americana Winter" Beats playlist. Just about perfect for a warm, California Mother's Day. Edited May 11, 201511 yr by blessingx Report
May 12, 201511 yr comment_685053 Synergy on YouTube (Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra and Sequencer). Report
May 13, 201511 yr comment_685117 Holy shit, Al, that's a blast from the past. IIRC there are at least a few solid tracks on that album. Me: It's been that kinda day. Report
May 13, 201511 yr comment_685121 Yeezh. I never have those kind of days. I don't even know what that means. Me: Yes, Close to the Edge, Blu-Ray (up next: The Yes Album, then can't decide whether or not to switch to SRV or Foreignor...probably Foreignor, SRV requires a tad more attention -- and perhaps solemnity/praise/worship/&c. than I'm divulging at the mo'). Report
May 14, 201511 yr Author comment_685280 Thrice, from out of nowhere! Hey Stephen, good to see you! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.