June 14, 201511 yr comment_690538 The second of the Kaneko-Esoteric series, also with dual mic recordings. Probably the best recorded instrumental music I have heard in a while, assuming of course you like the material Report
June 15, 201511 yr comment_690565 esoteric is an expensive vice. i can see they've got their claws in you Report
June 15, 201511 yr comment_690568 Oh my, I lurve golliwog's cakewalk, I grew up on that piece. Report
June 15, 201511 yr comment_690652 esoteric is an expensive vice. i can see they've got their claws in you Heh, no thanks to you. Really though, they sound pretty amazing to me. Report
June 15, 201511 yr comment_690655 I have been playing Steven Wilson's Hand. Cannot. Erase. nonstop for the last 3 weeks. The album was inspired by the case of Joyce Carol Vincent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Vincent I have concluded that this is the best album he has ever been a part of. Almost everything he does has some form of deeper meaning, but this really hits home and comes of as especially sincere. The recent concert only underscores this. I thought I would never say this, but this takes over Opeth's Damnation as the most beautiful album I have ever heard. This is the definition of "so depressing it's gorgeous". So good that I bought the deluxe insane version from ebay. Absolute masterpiece. I cannot praise this album enough. Edited June 15, 201511 yr by roadtonowhere08 Report
June 16, 201511 yr comment_690699 I have been playing Steven Wilson's Hand. Cannot. Erase. nonstop for the last 3 weeks. The album was inspired by the case of Joyce Carol Vincent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Vincent I have concluded that this is the best album he has ever been a part of. Almost everything he does has some form of deeper meaning, but this really hits home and comes of as especially sincere. The recent concert only underscores this. I thought I would never say this, but this takes over Opeth's Damnation as the most beautiful album I have ever heard. This is the definition of "so depressing it's gorgeous". So good that I bought the deluxe insane version from ebay. Absolute masterpiece. I cannot praise this album enough. I'm not sure I have come quite to that same conclusion (needs more time), but honestly, I can't think of anything else (that he was involved with that's better). It's more of-a-whole than even The Incident. I didn't realize there were smaller stories within the larger story until I saw the concert (and especially the video for "Routine"), but I still think the transitions (in story matter) are so smooth (and thematically consistent -- I.E. depressing as hell) as to be virtually unnoticeable. And yet I still find tracks like "Happy Returns" sublimely restorative and transcendent. And that riff in "Ancestral" just fucking rocks my world. Report
June 16, 201511 yr comment_690707 re: roadtonowhere08 : Steven Wilson. Well put, I couldn't have said it better. He's the real deal. Edited June 16, 201511 yr by robm321 Report
June 16, 201511 yr comment_690726 David Grissom -- bluesy rock'n'roll, pretty straightforward -- any track could be used as a PRS tone exhibition. Wish the songwriting was a little stronger -- gets a little samey for my tastes. I'm sure people who appreciated the genre more would appreciate his music more. It's certainly enjoyable enough to listen to. Report
June 16, 201511 yr comment_690782 Patrick Watson -- Love Songs For Robots Mostest favorite album this year so far. Report
June 17, 201511 yr comment_690884 Patrick Watson -- Love Songs For Robots Mostest favorite album this year so far. This is quite fab, and great late night music. I particularly like Bollywood and Know that You Know. Report
June 17, 201511 yr comment_690949 ^^ i dont recognize half of these. they must be releasing them more often these days. me Report
June 18, 201511 yr comment_690963 Yeah, they seem to come in pairs. Also completed the other Wand / Bruckner discs, so the one in the set you gave me now has a home Here is one, a two disc set of No. 8 Report
June 19, 201511 yr comment_691199 Listened to Steve Joliffe's tribute to Edgar Froese, "Magical" (a single, ~hour long track of improvised electronica) -- fairly excellent. Now bingeing on Tangerine Dream (mostly Virgin and Private Music eras). Report
June 20, 201511 yr comment_691450 This one had what looks like a survey inside, none of the others thus far have had... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.