What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Since you mentioned Science, a quick search of the local collection led to some lunchtime listening.
See if you can work out/ Guess the tracks ...

dolby.jpg

Thomas Dolby
The Golden Age Of Wireless
She Blinded Me With Science

1222.jpg

Rush
Permanent Waves
Natural Science

EDIT:Album art because:tapatalk

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 1

Carbon Based Lifeforms, Twentythree

Wait, so there is another batch of Living Stereo SACD's?  (wanders off, looks it up, returns)

Wait, so Analogue Productions is remastering previously-mastered-for-SACD Living Stereo releases, as well as ones that haven't been?  Okay, disregard what I told you earlier, I didn't know that.

Paraphrase:  I think I told you that there weren't any more Living Stereo SACDs other than those batches that show up as Living Stereo on sa-cd.net, but if, for example, you search on Reiner, you'll see a lot of the Analogue Productions versions.

I don't off-hand see an easy way to search on a definitive list of the Analogue Productions/Living Stereo releases -- they have forums, perhaps ask there.

Paraphrase: I think I told you that there weren't any more Living Stereo SACDs other than those batches that show up as Living Stereo on sa-cd.net, but if, for example, you search on Reiner, you'll see a lot of the Analogue Productions versions.

I don't off-hand see an easy way to search on a definitive list of the Analogue Productions/Living Stereo releases -- they have forums, perhaps ask there.

Oops! I am not sure how I missed that helpful info, thanks!

Here's the intersection between the catalogues:

Prokoviev: Lieutenant Kije - Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale* (Reiner)

The Reiner Sound

Rachmaninoff: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - Falla: Nights in the Gardens of Spain (Rubinstein-Reiner-Jorda)

Prokofiev: Alexander Nevsky (Reiner)

Khachaturian: The Masquerade Suite - Kabalevsky: The Comedians (Kiril Kondrashin)

Rozsa: Violin Concerto - Benjamin: Romantic Fantasy (Heifetz)

Lalo: Symphonie Espagnole (Henryk Szeryng)

Debussy: Iberia - Ravel: Alborado Del Gracioso, Valses Nobels Et Sentimentales (Reiner)

* included for Lt. Kije; Song of the Nightingale was included with Scheherazade in the Sony SACD series.

Edit: no. Symmetric difference? Whatever. The new ones. There.

Edited by luvdunhill
  • Like 1

Stumbled across these videos and I really loved the sound.

These are "live" studio recordings with minimal mixing/processing so the sound is dry (little reverb) and tight. This is how it sounds in a studio except in real life, there would be more isolated takes of individual instruments (depending on the producer/label).

There's a bunch of these with great musicians.

Check it out;

http://studiojams.com/

• Like 1