What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Joshua Redman Quartet - Spirit of the Moment: Live at the Village Vanguard (1995)

spirit-of-the-movement-live-at-the-villa
Available at Spotify and Tidal

It has the privilege of being among the very few post 1990 albums to make the New Yorker list of 100 Essential Jazz Albums. As a matter of fact only eight post 1970 albums made that list  >:D  (not a free and avant-gard jazzer myself).
  • Like 4

Feeling significantly better today (although still not completely well), so:

Was:  Jakalope, It Dreams

Is:  Nine Inch Nail, The Fragile

To Be:  Scarab, Serpents of the Nile

(which is weird, because I'm seriously contemplating medicating up and going to a show in Richmond which is prolk (prog-folk)...)

EDIT:  With a detour through Ego by David Maxim Micic

Lhasa de Sela -- her entire catalog, La Llorona, The Living Road, and Lhasa.  Just found out she passed away six fucking years ago, and this was after I finished listening to her catalog -- was looking what she had been up to, it had been a while.  I must have seen her 2ce during the oughts -- glad I got the chance, she was just fabulously entertaining. 

I has a sad now.  :sadcat:

Lhasa de Sela -- her entire catalog, La Llorona, The Living Road, and Lhasa.  Just found out she passed away six fucking years ago, and this was after I finished listening to her catalog -- was looking what she had been up to, it had been a while.  I must have seen her 2ce during the oughts -- glad I got the chance, she was just fabulously entertaining. 

I has a sad now.  :sadcat:

Wow, sad indeed.  Reminds me a bit the situation of Eva Cassidy.  Checked out some songs, a haunting and soulful voice.  Will certainly check out more, thanks Dusty.

• Like 1

Currently: Gentle Storm -- instrumental disks, both gentle and stormy -- didn't work in the car, because all they did is remaster it without the vocals, so the dynamics are all over the place -- a lot of times, when Anneke sings, they drop the rest of the music way down, because...well, it's Anneke, innit?

Probably about to go on a Jellyfish binge

EDIT : And by Jellyfish, I meant Iamthemorning

WAT.