July 8, 201511 yr comment_694350 Finishing up the Apple Music Faith No More Deep Cuts playlist. Report
July 8, 201511 yr comment_694351 Agua de Annique box set The Gentle Storm box set ...both in the car, at home, trying to listen to as much of this list as I can. Report
July 10, 201511 yr comment_694557 Joshua Redman Quartet - Spirit of the Moment: Live at the Village Vanguard (1995) Available at Spotify and Tidal It has the privilege of being among the very few post 1990 albums to make the New Yorker list of 100 Essential Jazz Albums. As a matter of fact only eight post 1970 albums made that list (not a free and avant-gard jazzer myself). Report
July 10, 201511 yr comment_694610 Joshua Redman Quartet - Spirit of the Moment: Live at the Village Vanguard (1995) Confirmed that this sounds pretty goddamned-good even on Spotify. Report
July 10, 201511 yr comment_694613 Listened to it on Tidal earlier -- breaking up the Schubert spate for a bit Report
July 11, 201511 yr comment_694803 Feeling significantly better today (although still not completely well), so: Was: Jakalope, It Dreams Is: Nine Inch Nail, The Fragile To Be: Scarab, Serpents of the Nile (which is weird, because I'm seriously contemplating medicating up and going to a show in Richmond which is prolk (prog-folk)...) EDIT: With a detour through Ego by David Maxim Micic Report
July 14, 201511 yr comment_695121 Lhasa de Sela -- her entire catalog, La Llorona, The Living Road, and Lhasa. Just found out she passed away six fucking years ago, and this was after I finished listening to her catalog -- was looking what she had been up to, it had been a while. I must have seen her 2ce during the oughts -- glad I got the chance, she was just fabulously entertaining. I has a sad now. Report
July 16, 201511 yr comment_695507 My Brightest Diamond, "Say What" -- totally addictive little number (free to stream on bandcamp) Report
July 17, 201511 yr comment_695550 Lhasa de Sela -- her entire catalog, La Llorona, The Living Road, and Lhasa. Just found out she passed away six fucking years ago, and this was after I finished listening to her catalog -- was looking what she had been up to, it had been a while. I must have seen her 2ce during the oughts -- glad I got the chance, she was just fabulously entertaining. I has a sad now. Wow, sad indeed. Reminds me a bit the situation of Eva Cassidy. Checked out some songs, a haunting and soulful voice. Will certainly check out more, thanks Dusty. Report
July 17, 201511 yr comment_695577 They do some great bass. Check out "Nerds on Mushrooms" -- one of my online friend's current favourite test track. Oh, and me: lots of Indochine on Tidal. Because I like the French, when they pop. Report
July 17, 201511 yr comment_695624 Friday morning metal. I completely forgot this band existed. \m/ Job for a Cowboy - Doom Report
July 17, 201511 yr comment_695637 New Order -- Remixes + Club Hits (Apple Music Playlist) Edited July 17, 201511 yr by Hopstretch Report
July 18, 201511 yr comment_695741 Cover does not show up very well -- Willie Nelson sings songs of Lefty Frizzell. Report
July 18, 201511 yr comment_695816 Currently: Gentle Storm -- instrumental disks, both gentle and stormy -- didn't work in the car, because all they did is remaster it without the vocals, so the dynamics are all over the place -- a lot of times, when Anneke sings, they drop the rest of the music way down, because...well, it's Anneke, innit? Probably about to go on a Jellyfish binge EDIT : And by Jellyfish, I meant Iamthemorning WAT. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.