August 1, 201511 yr comment_698103 David Slusser - Delight At The End Of The Tunnel Meredith Monk - Atlas Okkyung Lee - Noisy Love Songs Wanderlust - High Duchess Report
August 2, 201511 yr comment_698189 Looks like Tzadik. Me: going back and forth between Echolyn's new one (just released the other day) and BBT's most recent, in anticipation of the upcoming concert. Probably putting Roger Waters' Amused to Death high-res remaster at some point this weekend. All three in 24/96. Report
August 2, 201511 yr comment_698212 Lil' Dicky - Professional Rapper Middle class white suburban Jewish comedic rapper who's done some pretty funny stuff. His album dropped on Friday. First track off this album ft. Snoop Dogg - "Professional Rapper" First song I'd heard from him, which is called "White Dude", and it's amazing. "White Crime" I figure the 25-35 crowd will be amused, and no one else. Colin excluded, of course. **BRENT** Report
August 2, 201511 yr comment_698273 Looks like Tzadik. Indeed. Where to start with John Zorn? Some material is just way to heavy and chaotic for my tastes, but love stuff from his filmworks albums. Report
August 3, 201511 yr comment_698283 Alhambra Love Songs IOA The Dreamers (1) ... are easy, accessible wins. Report
August 5, 201511 yr comment_698508 Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit Over and over again. "Black Lake Niðstång" rocks my world. Methinks Marrow of the Spirit is vastly underrated. Report
August 7, 201511 yr comment_698900 Melody Gardot - My One and Only ThrillGoddamn easy to obsess over her voice. Report
August 7, 201511 yr comment_698916 Crown prince of the Oud, Mr. Anouar Brahem. Conte Le'incrovable Amour. Absolutely mermerizing. Report
August 7, 201511 yr comment_698926 I've listened to this literally 15 times since I heard about it on Tuesday. It's a cover album of songs written/performed by, as you may have guessed, males.This is my current favorite song: **BRENT** Report
August 8, 201511 yr comment_698972 I <3 Natalie Imbruglia. Imbruglia might be the greatest last name in the history of last names. And I think I heard one of these songs the other day! I distinctly remember thinking, "wow, some female singer didn't change the lyrics, good for her -- I don't know if I could do the same" (want to cover Tori Amos some day). I'll give it a listen, see if I can remember which song it was.Me: Knucks' set from earlier this evening Edited August 8, 201511 yr by Dusty Chalk Report
August 8, 201511 yr comment_699010 Dusty, it's probably "Instant Crush" by Daft Punk ft. Julian Casablancas.I didn't realize what it was until I heard the chorus and I was like "wait, what? I know this song, I think, but... wait, what?!?!"Then I googled and realized it was as cover album. And then I put it on repeat. Thank Satan I don't usually listen to lyrics or I'd probably be <3 broken.**BRENT** Report
August 8, 201511 yr comment_699022 Just listened to it -- nope, not that familiar with it. It was the same situation though, I only vaguely recognized it until they got either to the chorus or to the blatantly male line. Will listen to the rest of the album.EDIT: It can really only be one of a couple songs -- Friday I'm In Love, Let My Love Open the Door, or I Melt WIth You. Unless I don't recognize the song name. Edited August 8, 201511 yr by Dusty Chalk Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.