What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

dicky-slide.jpgLil' Dicky - Professional Rapper

Middle class white suburban Jewish comedic rapper who's done some pretty funny stuff. His album dropped on Friday. 

First track off this album ft. Snoop Dogg - "Professional Rapper"

First song I'd heard from him, which is called "White Dude", and it's amazing.

"White Crime"

I figure the 25-35 crowd will be amused, and no one else. Colin excluded, of course.

**BRENT**

I <3 Natalie Imbruglia.  Imbruglia might be the greatest last name in the history of last names. 

And I think I heard one of these songs the other day!  I distinctly remember thinking, "wow, some female singer didn't change the lyrics, good for her -- I don't know if I could do the same" (want to cover Tori Amos some day).  I'll give it a listen, see if I can remember which song it was.

Me:  Knucks' set from earlier this evening

Edited by Dusty Chalk
  • Like 1

Dusty, it's probably "Instant Crush" by Daft Punk ft. Julian Casablancas.

I didn't realize what it was until I heard the chorus and I was like "wait, what? I know this song, I think, but... wait, what?!?!"

Then I googled and realized it was as cover album. And then I put it on repeat. Thank Satan I don't usually listen to lyrics or I'd probably be <3 broken.

**BRENT**

Just listened to it -- nope, not that familiar with it.  It was the same situation though, I only vaguely recognized it until they got either to the chorus or to the blatantly male line.  Will listen to the rest of the album.

EDIT:  It can really only be one of a couple songs -- Friday I'm In Love, Let My Love Open the Door, or I Melt WIth You.  Unless I don't recognize the song name.

Edited by Dusty Chalk
  • Like 1