CES - Anyone else here?

Yikes

Wow! All of the Good Luck wishes have warmed the cockles of my heart, and I'm not even sure what the hell cockles are, and why would I want them warm? Regardless, thanks for the good wishes. Tyll stopped by, we had an interesting conversation. I've dug up some good leads, I should be able to get a job, I do talk purtier than a $5 whore.

I'll try to grab some photos tomorrow.

latter.

Oh wow. Anyone notice the Razer Switchblade prototype using a touchscreen LCD under the keys to make the back-lit keyboard? Change the arrangement and font of the letters for something pretty attractive (unlike the keys in the picture, heh). They also change into icons! cool....

razer-switchblade-keyboard.jpg

razer-switchblade-keyboard-top.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/razer-switchblade-preview-3g-intel-oak-trail-almost-definitel/

Well,... it took two days to get home, stuck in Detroit for a night.

The CES for my purposes (finding employment) was a mixed bag. I did get a couple of decent leads, but there were a few of us (people looking for similar jobs all with similar experience) floating around. I'd say that I have more experience (and that I'm better :), but that's not necessarily a better thing (potential employers may want to go with a younger (Cheaper) option).

We'll see. Whipping up custom resumes to send out. My connections are better so there's a good chance that my competition doesn't have the same leads.

In the mean time I need to raise some money to live; Anyone interested in a Mint Samantha Fox (topless) picture disc? A 80's icon collectors item. ;)

Oh wow. Anyone notice the Razer Switchblade prototype using a touchscreen LCD under the keys to make the back-lit keyboard? Change the arrangement and font of the letters for something pretty attractive (unlike the keys in the picture, heh). They also change into icons! cool....

Razer's being extremely optimistic about the size of that thing. It was much smaller in person than I thought it was going to be. Even with the weaksauce Atom CPU, Oaktrail or not, it's going to either have 1-2hrs of battery life tops in that size, or more likely it will get a lot larger. Quite frankly I think they're missing the mark marketing it as a portable gaming device. It's just not going to have adequate power to play most popular games even at the most dumbed down settings.

That keyboard looks slick, but the square grid set up vs. stardard offset staggered QWERTY layout makes is somewhat useless for typing. It's too big to use as a thumb pad, and too small to touch type.

But it's just a prototype, so lots can change, and Razer's not afraid of letting a product sit in limbo as vapor-ware.

-Ed

• 3 weeks later...