Joe Grado website

recstar24

I spoke with joe Monday and he was doing ok. My comment towards boze was purely from my experience and my original quote time of 2 weeks that was given in January.

You are right about Joe's health. He just had an operation and did take time off to rest.

He just finished mine and it took months also. It is to be expected since he is 90 years old.

What happened today was a totally different issue- Steve Guttenberg tweeted that Joe Grado was dead. In no time people were starting thread in different websites to spread the news. It is not nice. I did try to correct it by posting to these threads but there are a lot people who would just read the thread title and posting " RIP Joe etc..." It got so out of hand that if you now google Joe Grado, you will find "Joe Grado has pased away".

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I just bought some HP2s, despite the fact that I usually don't like Grados all that much, because judging by what I read they seem to be a lot different from their current line and I'm curious to know what the fuss is all about.

However, browsing through some pictures of HP1000s I noticed that my unit (it's not with me yet) doesn't have that "net" just in front of the drivers as most units seem to have. Should I worry about driver authenticity or anything like that? Here are some pictures:

09717ea9img6940.jpg

ba0224d3img6944.jpg

You shouldn't go anywhere without your unit. You never know what someone might do to it in your absence.

Is that why every kid out there with a Beats must use them around their neck everywhere they go? I've seen one going to the cinema with it. Thought it was a fashion statement, but maybe it's just fear of someone hurting their precious item.

But actually, all kidding aside, maids here in Brazil for some reason are quite destructive when cleaning stuff. They're not allowed to clean anything near the livingroom sound system, cause you really don't know what might happen to it.

Got a call from joe Grado today, left me a nice message. My cans are done and are sounding "superb" - he is running them in through the weekend and will send them out early next week. Woo hoo! 6 months and some change.

Nice, Ryan! Let us know how it sounds!

Just wondering out of curiosity here, what amps do you guys use with your HP1000s?

ECP Audio DSHA-1

What do you plan to use?