Everything posted by nikongod
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Something of a work in progress: American pride by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr
-
Difference between etymotic er4p and er4s?
Have you tried looping the cables over your ears?
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
The MB-D10 for the D300/D700 was the first I think. Its nice because if you shoot with and without the grip the new grips take up less room in your camera bag and are less likely to get broken. You can set the camera to use the battery in the vertical grip first so you don't have to take it off to get at the battery in the body so often. My D200 never used the batteries simultaneously - it would drain the left one and then start on the right one.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I got together with some Flickr Friends for a model shoot this weekend. Pipes by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Tower of babel by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Clock at the center of the world by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr I'm still editing the photos of the model.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Someone gave me a 4x5" pinhole camera with a 50mm focal length. It is extremely wide. Englewood Public Library by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr New Overpeck Park Bridge by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Click through for a couple more pics on my Flickr Stream.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Yes you are totally overestimating the risks of that. Yes it would be risky to take the lens through airport security. The X-ray machine could malfunction and fry your balls. Or the guy inspecting your bag could drop your lens. He may also say "I dont give a shit that you can ask (require) us to hand inspect your film, I'm gonna X-ray it" and fog your film. Yes, I have no idea if the FD 55F1.2 is radioactive, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it. This lens was made LONG after non-radioactive glass and clear-non-glass-solids (plastics and synthetic minerals) were developed.
-
Happy Birthday Kevin
Happy Birthday Kevin!
- NYC Century Ride 9-8-2013
-
HC Bike/Cycling Thread
Thats what she said.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Clone them out in photoshop/GIMP.
-
slower forum
Contains the phrase "Cunt Punt" and general ranting: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ad20b4edf/michael-shannon-reads-the-insane-sorority-letter?playlist=featured_videos Original text: http://gawker.com/5994974/the-most-deranged-sorority-girl-email-you-will-ever-read
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I like that a lot.
-
HC Bike/Cycling Thread
I may be a 52. I'm asking my GF what size the bike she has been lending me is. How does this bike ride? I'd really like something on the more supple side, and have been daydreaming of a nice steel frame. For comparison I have been riding an Aluminum Cannondale that is a bit harsh for the road conditions in NYC.
-
USB and isolation and whatnot
Why not just install digital transformers between the output of the USB covnerter and the DAC?
-
Happy Birthday, cutestory!
Happy Birthday Jeffy!
-
Genital Pictures....oh, and pens
Awesomest pencils ever. I dont know if anyone is interested, but I found this kickstarter for what looks like VERY cool BIC pen holders while looking for a metal jetstream body. http://kck.st/XKqXKc Only a few days left.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
35F2.... mmmmmmm yea. pretty lens. pretty pictures. Waterfall in B&W by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr The tripod setup for the previous shot. by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr
-
Genital Pictures....oh, and pens
I am shocked and dismayed that this thread is not more popular. I come seeking assitance - Does anyone know of an all metal body that can accept a uniball jetstream ink cartridge? The pen should be insanely substantial. Machined brass is not out of the question. Ideally it would have a screw on cap, but I'm open to clickers and pens where you spin the barrel to open. I cant find anything. Porn: An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr
-
slower forum
The whole thread is great.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
This photo just got "explored" on Flickr. Yaay!
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Lower Manhattan at Sunset by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Taken with my Ricoh GRD4 on my Ultrapod 2.
-
What are you reading now?
I guess I'm doing it wrong, but yea I like those things.
-
What are you reading now?
Currently reading On The Road but I don't really know why. I guess I hope it will all fall into place, but I have the nagging fear that I will get to the end and just be left with emptiness
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Gorillapod - cool idea, poor result. If you want compact at the minimum go for an Ultrapod #2 - still not *really* enough for even a Leica M /Fuji X100 size camera, but totally fine for any pocketable P&S. On the note of how inadequate the ultrapod 2 is: I have put a Nikon F4 and a 28mm lens on an Ultrapod, but it was far from optimal.... I have also put the Leica M3 with a 28mm pancake on the ultrapod2, which was right around my comfort level - note no real lens to speak of! Pillar of scociety by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr Locks on the bridge by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr ^^ 2 pictures taken with Leica M3 and 28mm pihole lens. Exposure time was about 1min30sec I am soon getting a 50mm 4x5" camera. Do I loves me some wide angles? Ooh yea.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
QFT QFT + Acratech for a bit of weight savings and the nifty open bottom.