Everything posted by nikongod
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Welcome to a larger & better world. I really like the smokestacks
-
Bryston BHA1 Headphone Amp
Noise cancellation of COMMON MODE noise happens wherever the phases of the signal are compared. If the phases are compared at the inputs, noise cancellation happens there. If the phases are compared across the drivers that is where the noise cancellation happens. The cool thing with amps like this is you get noise cancellation regardless of whether you use the SE or balanced outputs. With 4-boards in one box amps (icky) you only get noise cancelation when running balanced. 4boards-1box amps also amplify the noise through the whole amp, gobbling up overhead - if you get rid of the noise early (in either SE or 2ch balanced amps) you can improve performance greatly. A 2-channel balanced buffer would be infinitely better than 4-boards in one box. Separate is not equal.
-
Happy Birthday, Currawong
Congrats & Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday Jim
Happy Birthday Jim!
-
Happy birthday, Hopstretch!
Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday, Deepak!
-
NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th
cunt
-
NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th
So I bailed on you all to hang out with this girl I really like and had an awesome time. She hasn't called back or texted me all week which is just painful. I emailed her to say how I crappy this makes me feel and Just got the "yea Im not really ready for a real relationship but dont want to break up with you" email. I'm going to mail her back that we should not see each other, I can only see her hurting me more.
-
NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th
I'm super bummed I didnt come to hang out with you guys.
-
NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th
im in nyc, where you guys at?
-
NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th
Someone please be sure to get in touch with me regarding your non-cycling plans on Saturday. I cant wait to see yall again.
-
slower forum
The wrist bands are for drinking, methinks. Not everyone has them on. I am ashamed to admit that I did not see the girl Only Santa.
-
Now for something different...
130vp-p isnt that little. You could do a little better, sure, but if you think there is an interesting reason to try it, try it. There is more to life than 15Kvp-p voltage swing.... You may like the results from using the 12V filament supply for the input tubes as a -12Vsupply and running a simple SS CCS to it. It saves a tube and a few caps... Why 12ax7? You have one negative feedback point indicated, but nowhere for it to go. If its going to run open loop, and you will only get ~130Vp-p out of it at most, why not just use 12au7 for the inputs? In a long tail pair you can get freakishly wide bandwidth out of 12au7 and it should drive the 2a3 nicely. Maybe one of the "middle ground" tubes - 12az7 has always intrigued me for high gain and low Rp, although I have never used one. Wire the cathodes of the output tubes in parallel directly on the schematic. Skip those resistors between the 2 of them. It wont happen without about 5 heater supplies anyways...
-
slower forum
Im curious what she is watching.
-
Most rugged, reasonably priced mouse?
Is now the right time to comment on how frustrated I am that no brick&mortar store has a decent selection of trackballs. At most 2, and usually with no balls. FUUUUU.
-
NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th
I just realized that this is next weekend. No way I can ride 55 miles in a day in a week. If you guys are going to hang out somewhere in the middle let me know and I'l meet up with you.
-
Most rugged, reasonably priced mouse?
The wheel on mine crapped out earlier this year. It was not too hard to take it apart and clean. I would have cried if it was totally busted. Im interested to know what you think about the wireless versions if you get or have one.
-
New Sony MDR-1: Three different variants
QFT
-
Most rugged, reasonably priced mouse?
Not really related to your question, but could you provide more specifics on which trakckman you have, and which trackball you are getting? Im a long-time-fan of trackballs, and am thinking about a newer one. What I have now.
-
Audez'e LCD-2 - help needed for a DIY cable build
Please. Pretty please. With a fucking cherry on top. dont post like this. This is how truly inane rumors get started. The drawing above is wrong. I don't know whats right as you could do it several ways, but I know that this is wrong.
-
Audez'e LCD-2 - help needed for a DIY cable build
QFT
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I recently got a GRD-4, and like it a bit, despite its somewhat limited ISO range (fuckers) GREEN (please view large) by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr
-
Happy birthday NightWoundsTime
Happy Birthday my friend, wherever you are
-
Happy Birthday en480c4!
Happy Birthday Ian!
-
slower forum
Hammacher Schlemmer Standing Back Stretcher.