Everything posted by nikongod
-
Happy Birthday Edwood
Happy Birthday Edbot!
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I just focus on the edge of the ruler.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
You can make something that works about as well as this pretty easily. Put a ruler on the floor Fold a piece of paper half twice so it will stand up at a 45* angle Draw an Arrow in the bottom corner with the tip of the arrow right in the corner.* Put the paper next to the middle of the ruler Set your camera& tripod up so you get a nice 45* angle on this thingy and snap away Nice and easy. *I like to note stuff like which lens I'm using, what aperture, camera body, where I thought I was focusing (focus on 18inch mark, for example) distance from camera to target, etc. Most of that info is in the EXIF data with digital, but I find it faster to just read a slip of paper than to open the EXIF and search for what I want to see... and it works with film.
-
Happy Birthday Thrice
Happy Birthday Stephen! Happy Birthday Stephen! Happy Birthday Stephen!
- slower forum
-
Help With Amp and Headphone
When can we get the limp dhik headphone cable and stiff dhik interconnects?
-
Tube preamp suggestions?
I also like this technique/circuit quite a bit, but Im also curious why it would not work with a TKD pot. That doesn't seem right to me. The neat thing with a transformer coupled preamp is that the active components work exactly the same way no mater what inputs/outputs you use. There is never a situation where half of the amp is sitting around doing nothing like there may be with DC or cap coupled gear. When you add the advantage of ground-loop resistance transformers are really quite nice.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I cant tell if your joking, but a Canon lens on a Nikon body wont focus to infinity. Canon picked a shorter lens flange to film(sensor) distance to allow for simpler lens designs, Nikon picked longer to allow for 100% coverage viewfinders. Anyways, why stick with "L" glass when Nikon makes lenses that are similarly awesome?
-
Low Powered Amp for Speakers
Do you **NEED** 10w? There are lots of DIY SET & PP amps that should work really well with single driver speakers, although mostly at lower power. If you don't need all 10w, Check out Pete Millett's page for the Mighty midget for an example. Only ~3w, but it looks like it should be nice & easy to build. I almost like the ~$500 Chinese speaker amps. They can sound pretty nice. My biggest complaint is that its difficult to know whether you are getting the version with all the nice parts, or one with a crappy power supply, or exactly what really. I'm also not really a fan of how absurdly tight the chassis are packed and consequently how hot they get.
-
Happy Birthday Jeff (VPI)!!!
Happy Birthday Jeff!
-
Starting to really hate that other site...
I like you too. Next time I see you I'l be sure to yell it as loud as I can. Just to clarify, I dont normally do that for people.
-
Happy Birthday Wes (NekoAudio)
Happy Birthday!
-
The analog thread.
Thats signature material right there.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I think its the cellular structure of a grape with some blur/streaks from moving the camera. Like the little bits that make up a section of an orange. And I am now envious of something Cannon SLR related.
-
Happy Birthday 2nd Lieutenant Emooze!
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday HighLife
Happy Birthday Dom!
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I wasn't really happy with my Zoo shots This one was my favorite. A cold day in NYC by Lord Nikon 12, on Flickr The rangefinder club is pretty fun. Its been a while since we all went out taking pics together though.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
I have shot the 58F1.2 and will pronounce it jizz-in-pants worthy, although simultaneously a big pain in the ass. CAUTION!!! Link to head-fi. http://www.head-fi.o...10#post_7781720 open pics in new window for original "Jpg Large" files from D200. In the last photo of the guy, you MUST view at full size. His beard and one eye are in focus, ears are gone! Woot! I took another photo of the window in the bar... at about 30ft the window frames are in sharp focus but the store across the way is way out of focus. For a great combination of availability and a good balance of size and weight, 50F1.4 is a favorite. As another cool Nikon lens check out one or another of the "DC" lenses. They sound very intriguing to me, but only for portraiture really.
- Happy Birthday LFF!
-
The analog thread.
You * have* to extend 3 of 4 feet (or 2 of 3), the key is that one foot is screwed all the way down at all times.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Awesome shooting. Its nearly impossible to do with available light, most people use flash to stop insect/hummingbird wings.
-
slower forum
Did you tell him he should tell the judge he will do 2 mister nicers to make up for it?
-
Happy Birthday, Knuckledragger!
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday Looser101!
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday EdipisReks!
Happy Birthday!