Everything posted by postjack
-
Sound design vs amp design?
Who will protect our ancient audio knowledge now?
-
Sound design vs amp design?
I'd try flats.
-
Perfect songs.
Talking Heads has a lot of perfect songs: Making Flippy Floppy Girlfriend is Better Crosseyed and Painless
-
New Oppo player for late 2012
Everybody raves about the Modwright Oppo, but when I read what mods he does 90% of it sounds like bullshit. Seems like the tube output stage is the only thing that would really make a difference.
-
Compare DT990 vs MA900 vs Philips Fidelio X1 vs Ultrasone HFI-15G
4 3 1 2 5 seasons of The Wire, ranked.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- What are you reading now?
Haven't even heard of it, thanks for the recommendation. added to amazon wishlist.- The analog thread.
So rather than sell one of my turntables I decided to just put one in the headphone rig and one in the speaker rig. I setup the SL1200mk2 after it sitting idle for maybe 3-4 years, and it fired up immediately. I got to admit it put a big smile on my face when it spun up. Anyway I do need a new cartridge for it. I prefer MM carts because I don't like to mess with SUTs or high gain phono stages. For the time being I'll be using an ADL GT40 for the phono, but hope if I'm patient I'll be able to find an EAR 834P or something similarly "classic" at a good price used. As far as the cart goes I'm thinking of the Ortofon 2M Black. Anyone used one of these? Seems to generally be the most popular MM cartridge out there.- ecp audio
slightly less obvious: pretty sure larry at headphile has had the patent on ebony for the past 30-40 years.- What are you listening to Part the Third
- What are you listening to Part the Third
I bought the box set. Beautiful box full of completely unnecessary things. Listened to both records last night, the standard and the "audiophile". I enjoyed it. Now:- Maniacal Keyboards
I bought a Das Keyboard a few years back, this one I think: http://www.amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-Professional-Mechanical-DASK3MKPROCLI/dp/B008PFABI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401299352&sr=8-1&keywords=das+keyboard Can't remember what switches are in it, but I know I got the one that is "quieter". Still pretty clicky. I just use it at home, wonder if I could get away with using one at work. Really a pleasure to type with.- Need a Solid State Headphone amp for LCD X-Recommendation please
he will spread good tidings of our kindness across the internet lands. go forth kmanshaman, and carry with you a message of peace.- Need a Solid State Headphone amp for LCD X-Recommendation please
This is the most helpful headcase has been to a newbie all year.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Arctic Monkeys - A.M. maybe I'm late to this party, but if you thought no one was making decent rock and roll anymore, this album rocks. decent mastering as well.- What are you listening to Part the Third
I'm not a runner. I enjoy it but everytime I start, about 2-3 months in I hurt myself somehow. Shin splints, toe issues, something. I've gone and gotten the right shoes etc. Maybe I just run wrong. Same thing happened to my Dad, and he switched to stationary bike. I row now, not as much as I should but some is better than none, and I concur Disclosure is AWESOME music to exercise to. As far as camping at Bonnaroo is concerned, I haven't camped the past two years. I stay in a hotel in Murfreesboro. Its about a 30 minute drive, and I just park in day parking. Booked a room at Baymont Inn for around $70/night this year. Usually I go from about 3pm to 3am, give or take an hour. I did the camping thing in 2003 and 2004 and it is brutal, never again. So if you and Alison ever want to go to Bonnaroo, this year or another year, you have a sober driver happy to assist in your commute back to your hotel. I think I'll continue to go to Bonnaroo every year until I am physically incapable of doing so.- What are you listening to Part the Third
One of my favorite releases of the year. I've been going to festivals pretty regularly for the past 4-5 years now. Bonnaroo, Jazzfest, Voodoo, Buku, and others. Of course EDM has seen a huge rise in popularity in the US in that time. I do enjoy some dubstep, and some "progressive" house, but I've been patiently waiting for the kids in America to understand electronic music doesn't have to always be an aggressive violent fuck fest. Which means I've been waiting for house music to come back. I heard Disclosure's "Latch" somewhere and was like "hell yes, this is happening". The whole album is fantastic, just feel good dance music with flawless production and GREAT vocals and hooks. And this is only their first record. I really wanted to catch them at Bonnaroo this summer, but Bonnaroo in their wisdom schedule them in a tent instead of a stage, so I know it will be insanely overcrowded. St. Vincent was AWESOME on snl. I hadn't really dug into the new album yet, but I just listened to it today after watching SNL last night. I really enjoy it. The David Byrne influence is obvious and very welcome. ...and this is my #1 favorite record of 2013. Say what you will about his personality, his public antics, and his deplorable lyrics, the guy has vision. To me its as punk rock has popular hip-hop has ever gotten. Kanye took literally everything you could possibly like about his music: catchy hooks, flawless production, and addictive beats, and threw it all away. All that's left is the monster. The end result is exhilarating. Have never seen Kanye live, will see him at Bonnaroo in a few weeks. There is a really fascinating interview with Rick Rubin somewhere on the internet about producing this album. here it is: http://www.newsweek.com/2013/06/26/rick-rubin-crashing-kanyes-album-15-days-237646.html- Mog - could be good
Google Play's web client (there is no desktop app) is excellent. Not sure what the streaming quality is.- Anyone tried the new button-less RS-1?
Nope. I bought the pair I sold to you off audiogon maybe a year or two ago. Glad you are enjoying them!- Mog - could be good
Doesn't make sense to me. My understanding is the only streaming service that does lossless is Qobuz (not available in the US yet). All others are 320 max. Though I have no complaints about the sound quality of my Play stream from Chromecast. Sounds good.- ECP Audio
Would you say the BD gets on up, like a sex machine?- What are you listening to Part the Third
I do not. Cannot offer you a comparison. All I can say is the MFSL has a lot of tape noise, and was not immediately mind blowing. Good, just not woah good. I'm sure someone on the Hoffman forum has heard the Columbia SACD and can compare.- What are you listening to Part the Third
- Oppo HA-1 Headphone Amplifier
too bad they are awesome and you are wrong brent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Oppo HA-1 Headphone Amplifier
Nah the HD800s are the most comfortable headphones of all time. - What are you reading now?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.