Everything posted by Hopstretch
-
Making a Silver APC Black
Black ones are >$400. Silver ones are <$150.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
The Beautiful South -- Blue Is The Colour
-
What's going on with HeadRoom?
Also like the choice of "bright" and "brighter".
-
Deals
Damn you, Monkey! Now, how do I paint this bugger black?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
World Party -- Goodbye Jumbo
-
What did you do today?
Absolutely no idea. Shovelo-cranial insufficiency?
-
What did you do today?
Took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator again. This one was a freebie from my wife's recently-acquired "executive coach." In the interests of science, did it under the influence of good whisky to see if that makes much of a difference from the last time a few years ago -- when my own former employer was trying to figure out what the fuck was wrong with me.
-
slow forum
You don't need one of those, you need one of these.
-
Brand new to Head Case....
Couldn't have. He's utterly pointless.
-
Cary Xciter Integrated Headphone Amp
Looks like there's a matching DAC for another $2,750. Twice the Xcitement!
-
Brand new to Head Case....
Fuck you, man. I are the mostest wise!
-
MF V3 VS V8
Marginally less suckage?
-
What did you do today?
Took my wife to lunch. She mentioned that she'd like to move a lot closer to town. I mentioned that I'd like her to make a lot more money. We sort of left it there.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Eurhythmics -- Peace
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Off to go find a stick and poke out my mind's eye.
-
Ayre USB DAC
I believe Ayre has retained Wavelength to do their ass-kicking for them, under a licensing agreement.
-
Ayre USB DAC
Someone's got a case of the Mondays.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
My Morning Jacket -- Z
-
Fuck in snow
About to fire up the snowblower here for the second round. It was that or some more headphone gear for Christmas and so far I have not regretted the choice. Ask me again in the summer.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
Odd that the skipping issue doesn't seem to affect the iPhone the same way.
-
Help on HD600 amping with pico
Hey John, I can't remember if you said you had a decent DAC already? If not, the Pico with DAC is pretty much unbeatable for all it'll do for the money, plus the small form factor to boot.
-
Fuck in snow
We had a good dump here today. But I must admit it was breathtaking after the storm came through: (relatively) warm, clear and absolutely still -- with that fine, fine snow clinging to every branch and eave. I had just finished clearing the walks when my neighbor, who plows our driveway, came around and, since he was at the end of his circuit, we sat in the cab of his truck drinking beer and hiding from our families for an hour or so.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Neil Young and Crazy Horse -- Weld
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Simple Minds -- New Gold Dream
- What did you do today?