Everything posted by Torpedo
-
Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Damn SOAB. Sorry
- The Headcase Stax thread
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Maria Callas, Alfredo Kraus,Orquesta Sinf
-
The analog thread.
I know Regas aren't suspended, but aren't high mass or specially stiff either. I'm referring to that "speedy" yet thin sound which is common -and mainly a sonic goal- for suspended TT manufacturers like Linn. I haven't listened to any Rega TOL though, hence my pointing out that I'd stay away from the glass platter models. I agree that build quality is very decent for the price, arguably the best in that segment of entry or mid-level decks. But for sound aren't my cup of tea, which on the other hand is one of those silly generalizations "audio people" do, for I haven't listened to every combination of Rega TT with different carts, nor checked everything is perfectly adjusted. I suppose I tend to disregard them for those little things of them like not providing VTA and azimuth adjustment, or saying discs need no cleaning
-
The analog thread.
Can't say, never saw one. They look cool on the pics I owned a Project RPM-9 and it served me well, even when paired with carts well above its "quality frame". It just had the usual coloration of acrylic platter TT and the azimut setting on the arm, which wasn't at the same level than other adjustments. 33/45 speed adjustment was as easy as switching a lever. I'd take it over any Rega, period. Regas have that kind of "thin sound" that suspended TT have and that I've learned to avoid over the years. To each one his own I guess
-
The analog thread.
I'd take a SL-1200 over a glass-platter Rega any day. The ProJects are very decent TT for the price, though I suppose price isn't the same in Europe than in the US. Probably in the US it's better getting a Music Hall, which are made by Project. Better than any of these three, I'd try to get a used Michell Tecnodec. This thing sounds awesome for the price. MA be patient and try to spot one of these or an Acoustic Solid The difference over the 1200, Regas and Projects is really worth the extra expense and wait. Really
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Yet another set of glasses, these for close sight (next sight or whatever you say in English) With these I've spent more than 1000 euros in glasses within the last month The worst part is that I'm not happy
-
What are you listening to Part Two
^ Great album indeed Been listening to a few of those albums which are making the "best of 2010" lists, just to know what's all the fuss about Jonsi - Go The National - High Violet Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
-
slow forum
The horny dog and the quick arrested. Really hilarious
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Cerberus Shoal - Elements of Structure Permanence
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Miles Davis - You're Under Arrest
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Joey DeFrancesco - Never Can Say Goodbye
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Was, Anna Netrebko - In the Still of tne Night Now Florence and the Machine - Lungs
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Cassandra Wilson - Silver Pony
-
Where to point the finger of blame
Link?
-
Where to point the finger of blame
In the worst case she must be experienced.
-
Happy birthday, agile_one!
Happy belated B-Day Gene
-
Anything better than a Benchmark DAC1 HDR
DA-11 is not a preamp in the sense it doesn't have other inputs which it can choose and control volume from. However it has a volume control and regulates output voltage in 56 steps for the line output and headphone output too.
-
Happy birthday, agile_one!
Happy B-Day!!!!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
The Curtis Fuller Jazztet with Benny Golson (and a bunch of awesome jazz cats)
-
slow forum
- What are you listening to Part Two
She looks thinner on recent pics- What are you listening to Part Two
Shit, don't know how it happened but double post. Oh well, then this one which you probably don't know and have listened this morning too- What are you listening to Part Two
Duffy - Endlessly Her slow fluttering vibrato is starting to annoy me. Don't know really want to think.- Happy Birthday Salty!!!!!
- What are you listening to Part Two
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.