Everything posted by Voltron
-
Audio-gd
Didn't hear it. Ask cetoole, he won all of it I think.
-
CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...
No.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Elvis Costello -- Secret, Profane and Sugarcane The years of hanging out at the SF Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival and with his buddy T Bone Burnett have worn him down and now he has his own bluegrass album. Sounds good so far.
-
CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...
He uses the clamps for dual purposes: they hold the sign and they are headphone holders. Rather sleek, actually. You may not have noticed but I was assimilated after being Segwayed into a corner. You will be receiving Our demand letter shortly. Resistance is futile.
-
HD800? Another rumor?
And here is the self-important douche's pointer on the Hoffman site to his conflict-of-interest-riddled remarks:
-
Grado HF-2 thread
I guess I thought the c in c-pad was comfy. Like these options, or is the HD414 pad a whole different thing?
-
CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...
That's a cool report, Steve. I wish I had checked it out, and may take up Dan Lavry on the offer of a loaner. You should find an old jazz album with that serious separation left and right of horns vs. piano or similar and see how those narrowing settings work out. Dan said that such records were what he had in mind when attacking this problem. Interestingly, it was HeadFest 2007 in San Jose that got him thinking about the impact of balancing headphones and keeping your sources balanced because so many people were talking about it. He came up with the PiC idea as a result.
-
Grado HF-2 thread
Moar burn in! I have never liked the sound of Grados with the c-pads. The current ones on headphile look like this, but I have not heard these specific ones:
-
Mac FTP Software
Whatever only in the sense that I don't know cigars, and I was not looking at it when I typed. Still appreciated. Sorry for the interruption, Monkey. We sure missed you this weekend.
-
Mac FTP Software
You'll know if we are sick of you only long enough to hear the whistling toward the back of your head. Have fun over here Matt, or should I say Mark? It was fun meeting you and hanging a bit. Tell me if you can stomach those Honduran panatellas I gave you. I still have the Monte or whatever it is.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Freddie Hubbard, Lee Morgan and others -- Night of the Cookers btw, I love the way Jacob has posted in the closed listening thread just to tease us with his admin powers.
-
CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...
You are correct sir! Title track, even. The piano sounded so much better and the horns were so distinct and dynamic in the Music Matters issue that it was not even a close call on which was better. Oh yeah, and the cymbals, my god, the cymbals.
-
CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...
You've seen my post by now, but no it doesn't.
-
CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...
The new TTVJ portable designed by Millett is not a hybrid and has no tubes. It is a very slim amp that is similarly sized to an iPhone and even thinner. I believe it uses a *similar* volume control to the Pico Slim with a wheel that also has a color-changing LED that cycles from red to green to yellow or something based on the volume setting. I stupidly did not hear it but it is cool looking and Pete said it can drive Senn cans or IEMs nicely.
-
CanJam 2009
VanJam is rolling out right now! Sans WiFi because Bandago screwed us over, but we are working on mobile posting options. Cheers all and we will see you this afternoon~
-
CanJam 2009
There's still time! Just say whether you can make the time, and we will figure out how to make it happen!
-
CanJam 2009
I cannot start meet impressions because that is Matt's job, but I think we should merge over some pictures and have an official impressions thread. Anyway, here is how the MOAR team was greeted on arrival here at 12:30 this morning: While I have been on this ongoing conference call, Gene has been clawing away at his laptop and then Stephen came down to join him for some coffee shandies: Ah, the breakfast of champions: More MOAR to come.
-
CanJam 2009
OK, probably will need to talk to Gene on the $. We also talked to stevieo and he spilled that he was coming. This meet is truly going to be like the Harmonic Convergence, although more powerful than that turned out. Dinny better get on that plane just in case...
-
CanJam 2009
Cool. We got to him while we were at the game last night. The power of the plus a little scholarship was a powerful combination! Maybe I will print out one or your drinking thread self-portraits and try to get her to rub herself with it.
-
CanJam 2009
After last night's frivolity, I got a good solid 4 hours of sleep before waking up at 5:30am to get on a conference call for work. Excedrin is a good thing, is all I'm saying. Still on the call, but taking a detour to check out the state of affairs. Gene is awake and the rest of the crew in Mayberry is still snoring away. After this call, we have time to play around the Bay, we will pick up the VanJam Sprinter, and check out Jenny Lewis and The Sadies at the Fillmore (West). Perhaps a beverage or two will be consumed along the way. A scotch?! Ha ha ha ha!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins -- Rabbit Fur Coat
-
New CDs for CanJam 09
- HD800? Another rumor?
- HD800? Another rumor?
Fly into LAX. Take free Hilton shuttle to LAX Hilton. Git jiggy wit it. No car needed.- HD800? Another rumor?
Atta boy beelee! Looking forward to seeing you and your Starbucks coffee buckets! You don't even need to rent a car for this meet, so you're getting off easy in that respect! See you Saturday dood!
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.