Advice on new speakers: ~75% HT -- ~25% music

shellylh

Starting to think more about the Swan 6.1. They seem to fit all of my requirements. People have compared them to the Paradigm 100 but not sure. Anyone heard these? Steve? Are they bright, neutral, dark, bloomy?

Nevermind: I just found out that they used to sell these on av123 and that company left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by shellylh

Good on the MA's Shelly! As far as the Swan's go, yeah they USED to be ordered thru AV123 (I ordered some, back when all they had otherwise were their Perpetual Technologies DAC), but that was when they were "good." Swan's actually dropped them (don't think it was vice-versa), then AV123 looked to build their own; that's when they got in trouble, and then tried to recover $ in rather ugly creative ways.

I ordered the Monitor Audio RX6 since that was the one I kept coming back to. If I like them, I'll get the matching center. If not, I'll send them back to Audio Advisor. Hopefully, I can find a suitable chair for that spot for the future. smile.png

Not a bad call at all Shelly... now just rearrange the entire room until they sound great... evil.gif