Ghetto cables

HiWire

I use Kimber 8TC (long 25' runs) and I like it, provided you can find it for a reasonable price. I cant recall what I paid for mine (used), but it was sub $5/ft. I've also used 4TC and liked it, but wanted heavier guage. The sleeper, though hard to find, is the Kimber 4/8VS wire... same stuff, just not teflon insulated.

I much prefer spades to either bare wire or bananas as well. Bare wire could lead to shorts over time if you're not careful.

I've never used the Eichmanns, but they seem somewhat fragile.

you need 1 cable from the left channel of your source to the left channel of your preamp to the left channel of your amplification system

you need 1 cable from the right channel of your source to the right channel of your preamp to the right channel of your amplification system

a total of 6 cables, whether you're using monoblocks or a stereo amp or whatever. It's just not that complicated.

It's even better to eliminate all the equipment and the cables. Get a giant box and put some musician's inside, do NOT make any bass reflex ports(you will thank me later). And then just enjoy the music that probably sound better then 90% of the new stuff out there, it is cheaper if you get your musician's illegally. You can even upgrade to virtual headphones when you cup your hands behind your ears, the HD800 is nothing then when it comes to soundstage.

• Like 1