PS Audio NuWave Dac (NWD)

skullguise

music direct is offering a new dl3 for $500. don't know how long they will have the 50% off for but is there anything available in that price range that competes sq wise? i think shelly is quite fond of it (vs the schitt and emotiva dac) but setting a hard limit at $500 is there anything else to be considered? there is a dealer demo also available for $450 which i will probably grab if i get a green light for the dl3.

music direct is offering a new dl3 for $500. don't know how long they will have the 50% off for but is there anything available in that price range that competes sq wise?

I'm behind on the DAC front, but new and I've heard... no. There are a couple used over at HF also.

• Like 1

music direct is offering a new dl3 for $500. don't know how long they will have the 50% off for but is there anything available in that price range that competes sq wise?
I haven't heard it (the DL3), but from what I've heard of the HRT Music Streamer II+, that's what I'm getting. One of my probable solutions to my portable speaker problem is the Pro (which does balanced) and a pair of small studio monitors (which oftentimes only have balanced inputs).

• 5 weeks later...

I don't like how much fluff these guys put in their item descriptions. Those pictures sure are misleading. Half the width of the PWD, same length, and shorter. The PWD is already a tank (especially when you consider the innards) so even at half the size it's going to be a little smaller tank.

PS Audio seems to be implementing a bunch of changes in their distribution strategy as well cutting out a bunch of middle men. Looks like they are also offering trade in of any old working/non-working dac and get $300 off. Wonder if an old cd-player counts? Technically has a dac.

Edited by Mr.Sneis

Got off the phone with them. It looks like the numbers "in stock" on the website don't even make any real sense but rather an estimation of what they will get in stock. Person I spoke with said they are basically sold out and if you order you're really on backorder until they come in stock (don't think they have started shipping yet). ETA could be as early as a week or towards the end of November. If you are doing a trade-in then you are supposed to send in your DAC first before they ship. Alternatively you can pay full price then have the $300 credited later. I have yet to receive any details about sending in my trade-in item but asked her to send the info over if she could asap.