ON MY WAY TO, VA.

tom_hankins

^ I left him a phone message and will send you the info once he confirms but all signs point to yes he is still active. I don't know if he drives out to Reston though, you'd have to deal with him on that. He saved me a fortune (like 60%-70%) on the work he did for me and it was all above board with permits etc.

^ I left him a phone message and will send you the info once he confirms but all signs point to yes he is still active. I don't know if he drives out to Reston though, you'd have to deal with him on that. He saved me a fortune (like 60%-70%) on the work he did for me and it was all above board with permits etc.

Cool, Heading upon Saturday. Maybe he can meet and give me a price next week.

• 1 month later...

Movers finish today and head out. Wife leaves tomorrow with a totally freaked out cat. :) Thanks everyone for the positive wishes! See you in VA. as soon as Doc says I can leave!! Cant wait to see live NHL games again!

It is going to be sad for my wife and I not be able to visit the Hankins at home here any more.  Their place is/was always fun and always welcomed.  His audio room will hold a special place in my audio memory.  Some of the very best tunes I've heard any where.  You guys up there are in for a real treats once his speaker rig is setup and running.  Of course, I enjoy Tom & his wife company (Lyra) even more.  Glad the move is done and over with.    :-  At least I still have Mulveling around.

Edited by purk

Sold our house in Ga. and waiting for an inspection to clear on the one we're buying in Reston. (fingers crossed)  Look forward to meeting (in person) all you locals!  

Don't forget to deduct all moving related/job search expenses on your tax return.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived in the great state of VA. yesterday. First time ive seen the house. Started working on music room but gassed out pretty quick. Guy coming tomorrow AM to see about running 3 20amp lines for me. Doctor appts after he leaves and then one a day through Friday. Love the area, and just flying in over Georgetown and then seeing the Washington Monument let me know how different this is going to be than ATL. Plus had a killer pizza delivered last night!!  Really want to offer a ton of thanks to everyone for there support and best wishes. Any body in the area or passing through is more than welcome to come by listen to tunes, eat, crash, or just visit. 

• Like 4

Glad you got there safely Tom!  Enjoy your time up there.  Hope your music room will be as good if not better than your old one.  

The electrician comes Monday. We ended up having to replace both old panels and add another. Ordered room treatments, and hit home depot this AM for paint and hole repairs from them running the new wire through the house. Think I found the best way to set up the room in the basement. Been running the killer $300 H&K/Pioneer system from every direction and pretty sure this room is going to be a lot easier than the last one to set up. Not going to mess with the BAT tube stuff for the time being.  Picked up a great deal on almost new Parasound JC-3+ phono stage. I'll use it and RAM modified Esound CDP, and DAC in  Mcintosh MA8000 integrated.  My health is still up and down, mostly down these days. My disability (thank God) has been extended six months with full benefits. 

Anyway, should have music going next  week and anyone who wants to come by end of week or next weekend let me know, your more than welcome!

• 2 weeks later...