What Are You Building Today

luvdunhill

The Ridgid seems pretty good, especially after I went to aftermarket paper. Really only used the belt sander up to this point. 

The Dust Right on the other hand is about five minutes from being rolled up the driveway for trash pickup tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, VPI said:

The Ridgid seems pretty good, especially after I went to aftermarket paper. Really only used the belt sander up to this point. 

The Dust Right on the other hand is about five minutes from being rolled up the driveway for trash pickup tomorrow. 

That didn’t last long. What is the mater with it?

Edited by naamanf

On 3/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, naamanf said:

That didn’t last long. What is the mater with it?

Nothing with the function, I like suction and how quiet it is.

The putting together part is a cluster as it seems every screw is positioned exactly to have as little access as possible to it. Needed to use 4 different lengths of drivers and one screw head in a ratchet for the 16ish screws. Then you have to balance the fucking motor on top of the frame while trying to blindly find the holes that cannot be seen without standing on your head risking dropping the 80 pound thing on said head. 

The little Lie-Nielsen and honing guide finally made it out of UPS purgatory and were delivered. The block plane is dramatically less substantial than the Stanley version. 

Feels much better in use and things do not seem to just magically loosen up in use like the Stanley Sweetheart. 

D19B0DF1-2BAE-40FA-AEDB-90BD0C5B8278.jpeg

• Like 2

I have that same Lie Nielsen low angle block plane too. Then I bought a regular angle and a rebating low angle block plane by superb Chinese Quangsheng. These are basically Lie Nielsen knock offs, but are fantastically good quality with a thick iron that takes a razor edge, and needs hardly any back flattening.

5 minutes ago, Craig Sawyers said:

I have that same Lie Nielsen low angle block plane too. Then I bought a regular angle and a rebating low angle block plane by superb Chinese Quangsheng. These are basically Lie Nielsen knock offs, but are fantastically good quality with a thick iron that takes a razor edge, and needs hardly any back flattening.

The Quangsheng are branded as WoodRiver here in the US.

I have a Woodriver 4 1/2. It seems nice. The Bridge City one is still on back order so I have no idea if they are any good. 

I definitely need one more little Woodpecker thing to fill this annoying gap. 

243A80F3-2917-45EB-987C-5568A1542A5C.jpeg

1 minute ago, n_maher said:

Seems like it's time to build a small down-draft spray booth.

spacer.png

I’m starting to run out of room 😬 once the jointer and bandsaw arrive I won’t have much room. The wings are 45” wide so it would take up considerable real estate.  Commercial space is calling my name. Or just moving to a place where I can build a 5000sqft shop. 🤔

• Like 2