Thinking about getting an L3000...

deepak

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i prefer the k1k, though...i shouldn't listen to what other people say, but it still gets under my thin skin ;)

i've owned balanced 580's and several grado's (not RS-1 which I've only heard at a meet, though). I'd have to hear some stuff side by side again, but I think I prefer the k1k for metal to everything I've heard.

i think i prefer the k1k, though...i shouldn't listen to what other people say, but it still gets under my thin skin ;)

i've owned balanced 580's and several grado's (not RS-1 which I've only heard at a meet, though). I'd have to hear some stuff side by side again, but I think I prefer the k1k for metal to everything I've heard.

It's fine for pretty much all genres, though of course like any other headphone, it's stronger in some than in others. Metal is still very listenable on them, although the L3000s edge them out, but I have a hard time imagining that you would throw off the K1000s in disgust when you listen to metal on them, just as I have a hard time seeing people throwing off the L3000s in disgust when they listen to large orchestral music.

How dare you trust your own ears and decied for yourself the K1Ks are fine for metal.

Bow to the masses who probably never heard the K1Ks outside a loud meet room!!!

Exactly.

RS-1 = rock and jazz only

K1000 = classical only with no bass

HD650 = sloppy slow tubby bass for classical only

all other phones are only good for Reks to listen to game music.

I'm listening to a W11JPN right now and it sounds very, very good.

Using the Accuphase DP-500 > AT-HA5000, I think I prefer the W11JPN overall over the L3000, W5000, W2002 and AD2000. :o

It loses in many areas to the others; details, bass quality, imaging, air, etc. But it sounds so natural.

Oh snap. :angel:

It's an enjoyable can in my opinion. Not refined, but smooth and musical with a good sense of PRaT.

Well, just bought another pair of W100....now I'm looking for some L3000 drivers >:D Dusty, your W3000 may have a little brother or sister soon....damnit, why did I sell those? I like the D5000, but it hasn'tbeen cutting lately. Not sure what it is about it, but I'm jonesing for the L3000 sound again.