Thinking about getting an L3000...

deepak

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud member of the ATOWNLF. Audio Technica Old Woodie Not Leather fanclub.

Or just simply ATOWF (the official Audio-Technica Oldie Woodie Fanclub) where the L3000 is in its own ATLF (Audio-Technica Leather Fanclub). ;)

Impossible, without the headphones. I've tried. They've since required you to send in your headphones to get repaired, I.E. they will not sell the drivers without the rest of the headphones.

Right on. How do people who have sent in their cans for repair speak of AT's customer service? They were fucking fantastic to deal with when I received an AT440MLa with a bent cantilever. I emailed them my invoice and they just mailed me a new one. But then again, thats just a $90 cartridge.

I assume his question was if I bought these and they broke will AT service them. I didn't think he wanted to mod a pair with L3000 drivers.

Anyway apparently working with AT Japan is a smooth process.

no, actually i wanted to buy about two dozen L3000 drivers to install in my car stereo. where the fuck you got the above idea i dunno. i thought my intent was pretty clear. ;)

i shouldn't be that worried about breaking headphones though, so long as I avoid wonky fonky donky tubes. or have a hybrid amp with a delayed turn on like the Melos.

you know, I could almost buy a complete VPI Scout/Dynavector rig for the market price of an L3000. :)

So get both TT & L3000 - for the cost of just 2 L3000's! ;D

C'mon, what's an L3000 rig without a worthy source and tube amp. You Melos Gold will do great as amp, so you're almost there! You have access to a credit card, right?

So get both TT & L3000 - for the cost of just 2 L3000's! ;D

C'mon, what's an L3000 rig without a worthy source and tube amp. You Melos Gold will do great as amp, so you're almost there! You have access to a credit card, right?

mulveling do you really have two L3000s?

mulveling do you really have two L3000s?

Yes, I'm ashamed to say I indulged my need for a spare L3000. Luckily I got both while they were still relatively affordable, back in summer '05. At least I'm not as bad as those R10 collectors/hoarders ;);D

The only other headphone I've owned two of at once was the W2002, and that didn't last long since I never listened to them.