Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

double flexi, yup yup

I'll never smoke all the cigars I already have room for :)

I've made two of them and the one big mistake I made the first time around was that I made the holes on the board not quite big enough. They were big enough for the threaded rods to fit through, but not big enough for them to fit through easily.

2005 Justin Cabernet Sauvignon. it's the one splurge i'm allowing myself this paycheck (just got paid today, and i've been living off of savings for almost 2 months).

I hope you enjoy it, for the money I think it is a very good deal. I am drinking the Isosceles now and for the money I think it kicks butt.

Yah team Audio Alchemy!

Here is the stack so far.

DDE3_DTI2_HPA1.jpg

The hpa is running in bootleg mode with one elpac and an adapter from a netgear switch combined into one power supply. I'm getting +11.94v/-13.5v which is pretty ugly but that doesn't affect the sound too much since even though the stock psu is +/-12v there is an upgrade that gives it +/-14v so it's all good.

The thing gets crazy hot after about 5 minutes- even more so than the gilmore lite. I ran it through rmaa quickly and it looks very good.

The headroom crossfeed(probably a very early if not the first one) is quite strong. I though more so on this than headroom's modern desktops and even more than the mobile line. I think the amp itself is not the widest in soundstage which is why the crossfeed is so strong. There is body added and the highs are somewhat accentuated too for an overall pleasant experience.

I don't notice anything askew with the sound with the process off. With some recordings the crossfeed process can be outright luscious and adds so much body without masking anything that I will probably leave the switch on for the majority of listening :)

I don't have hex screwdrivers that tiny so I can't take internal pics yet :mad:

The final piece of the family- the dds3 transport, will arrive tomorrow and my destiny fulfilled 8)

Advent 4211 (MSI Wind rebrand) and an extra 1 gig ram sodimm.

IMG_3298.jpg

3274827x.jpg

It'll be nice to have a new laptop, my current one has a 33mhz 486 and 8 megs of ram.

What battery did you get? I know the MSI Wind here is shipping out with the 3 cell batteries for now...

Comes with a 3-cell. I'll certainly have a 6 cell as well by the time uni starts again, and depending on how it changes the proportion of time i spend on certain machines, I might bump the hard drive up from the 80 gig stock to something more capacitous.

Then I just need to get a Pico to plug into the side....

Registration for my car in Maine, as well as a Maine driver's license. :(

I know I live in Maine, but I moved less than a mile from my old place in NH and am less than a half-mile from the state line. So it still seems strange to "officially" live in Maine.