Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

An electric kettle -- mine has been acting up, and it finally bit the dust tonight, so I'm going to have to do without my homemade for a couple days.

ARRGH!!!1!

homemade what?

What kind of electric kettle do you use? I've been wanting to buy one for preparing french press coffee but have been scared off by many reviews of electric kettles that impart a "plasticky" taste to the water.

post jack, don't you have a stove at your house or do you plan on using it at work? I have tried using a plastic electric kettle and the rubber seals to add taste to the water. I find it unacceptable. You could just buy a real kettle and a hotplate though. French press coffee is way better than drip in my opinion.

homemade what?
Green tea. Basically, it's my own take on the Arizona Iced Green Tea that they have.
What kind of electric kettle do you use? I've been wanting to buy one for preparing french press coffee but have been scared off by many reviews of electric kettles that impart a "plasticky" taste to the water.
I've been using the Bodum 5500. I am just in the process of buying another one, as soon as they answer my question about whether or not shipping is free. Notice their shipping rates between $19.99 and $350:shipping rates -- it's a little weird.

I'll probably give the one from Adagio Teas a try later in the year.

I've never had a problem with plastic-ky taste, but I'll ask my housemate about it -- she makes exactly that -- french press coffee -- with it. We rinse it out with a vinegar/water mix every once in a while. The vinegar smell afterwards is much stronger than the taste, and only lasts for a couple iterations -- it goes away fairly quickly. If you're really worried about it, get a metal one. I don't know if the Adagio Teas one is lined, but now that I think about it, I would think that they would have to be, to avoid electrocution.

Green tea. Basically, it's my own take on the Arizona Iced Green Tea that they have.I've been using the Bodum 5500. I am just in the process of buying another one, as soon as they answer my question about whether or not shipping is free. Notice their shipping rates between $19.99 and $350:shipping rates -- it's a little weird.

I'll probably give the one from Adagio Teas a try later in the year.

I've never had a problem with plastic-ky taste, but I'll ask my housemate about it -- she makes exactly that -- french press coffee -- with it. We rinse it out with a vinegar/water mix every once in a while. The vinegar smell afterwards is much stronger than the taste, and only lasts for a couple iterations -- it goes away fairly quickly. If you're really worried about it, get a metal one. I don't know if the Adagio Teas one is lined, but now that I think about it, I would think that they would have to be, to avoid electrocution.

don't mess with the adagio kettle... it sucks. I'd recommend one of the Zojirushi Water Dispensers. Also, Upton Tea if you haven't found them.

Modwright-modded Pioneer DV-59AVi & DV-47Ai players

Listening to Time Out on the 59AVi right now.

:o:);D

Dan Wright of Modwright will be attending the Tyll So Cal 8/24 meet so let me know if you have any questions, complaints or requests, I will pass them along to him if you wish.