Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yes sah. Entry level would be sweet.

if said person wants to step forward, they probably have a good idea of total cost by now. Size is a 19 L (0.67 cu ft) vented enclosure. Graph is SPL at the point where the port noise becomes audible ("chuffing") and this occurs at 39 watts.

Here's the woofer modeling:

post-484-12951152634292_thumb.jpg

finally bought the ribbon tweeters.. I'll basically have these two drive units, but my AT will be a smaller, custom unit.

AT-18H52_Raidho.jpg

yay!

Those ATs are great drivers. If I didn't have such an affinity towards to SS Revelators those would be on my short list of drivers.

I just bought (or had my dad buy on my behalf) an 8000BTU indoor propane heater to hopefully keep my pipes from freezing this weekend. The damage from the ice storm is impressively bad and there wasn't a utility truck within 10 miles of my house this morning so there isn't much hope of seeing power today or tomorrow.

You probably already know this, but for the benefit of our readers who aren't used to winter ice storms, if you leave faucets dripping, the odds of them freezing even when it gets REALLY cold goes down considerably.

Yeah, but there's enough stuff in the house that I can't do that with (forced hot water heat pipes for example) that it doesn't really matter if the water pipes don't freeze, the pipe right next to it probably will.

I was under the impression that most oil furnaces continued to work without electricity. Mine in alaska certainly did. Good luck, being without heat when it's cold SUCKS. I once ran out of fuel oil at -45...

Not mine, no power, no heat. :( If we were just without power but still had heat I'd be a lot less concerned. What we're hearing right now is that some areas may be without power until mid next week and with temps this weekend supposed to be dipping into single digits that doesn't bode well.

Man, this sucks Nate! I hope you get those pipes warmed up enough, but what about living conditions? Would a gas generator run that furnace for you? Can you stay somewhere else for a couple days? Good luck in any event.

Yeah, it sucks, timing is unbelievable since I was all packed and ready to go the NYC meet tomorrow as well. We'll stay with the in-laws for however long is necessary, we're there now, since they were far enough south (about 30 miles as the crow flies) to have only gotten rain. My parents who live about 50 miles to the north got a lot of ice too but somehow still have power even though several surrounding towns are completely black. Estimates right now are saying about 25% or more of the state is without power (300,000ish).

A generator would be able to help but the installation of something like that isn't all that simple. It's not like the furnace has a wall plug that you could just swap over to the gennie when the power goes out. So you'd have to have some sort of mains switch on it to swap over to the backup power source. It's something I've certainly thought about since this is the second major ice storm in 3 years. :palm: Too bad you can't (or I can't) DIY something like that. :)

Well that's just NH, I'm sure VT, ME and MA have their fair share of outages as well. I'll post up some pics when I'm back home. I'd say the trees in my front yard lost at least 25% of their branches. Last night it was like fireworks, you could just lay there and listen to the trees snapping in the forest.