Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

hey, random question.. I've bought a bunch of ASC caps recently, and have found the ones that are made in Japan have a different sound to them (for the better). Once you get them, check out the label, and I'll post the label of the ones I have that I'd propose sound better :)

The label on mine says:

GLY513

600MFD +/- 10%

500 VDC

And specifically states that it was manufactured in the USA. But for what I paid I'm sure they'll be just fine. What is hilarious is that evidently the ebay seller was running a buy 2 get 1 free special so when I ordered 4 I got 6. :eek: Maybe I'll use 2 of them in a CMoy or something. :)

Madlax certainly looks great on this set. Now I only wish more of my favourite shows were in 16:9.

On a similar note, does anyone have recommendations for an upscaling DVD player with good noise reduction? The noise reduction filter in the Panny isn't very effective with some of my DVDs, but I know it can be done since they clean up real nice with the hqdn3d filter in mplayer when I watch things on the computer.

The label on mine says:

GLY513

600MFD +/- 10%

500 VDC

And specifically states that it was manufactured in the USA. But for what I paid I'm sure they'll be just fine. What is hilarious is that evidently the ebay seller was running a buy 2 get 1 free special so when I ordered 4 I got 6. :eek: Maybe I'll use 2 of them in a CMoy or something. :)

you should really try the Japanese ones. They are labeled X386S Japan. They are MKP in oil. Fantastic caps.

you should really try the Japanese ones. They are labeled X386S Japan. They are MKP in oil. Fantastic caps.

Further research indicates that these might have been a special order since the website has nothing on them. I got a data sheet ASC and these are "NON-INDUCTIVE WOUND METALLIZED POLYPROPYLENE" for whatever that's worth.