Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

tell them to fuck off :)
x2

I revel in my strangeness -- I had a co-worker who asked me what "that thing" was. "It's a DAC." "Why?" "To decode digital into analog." "No, yes yes, I know that, but doesn't the CD player have one already?" "Yes, of course it does." "Then why?" "Because then I can run it through this thing." "What's that?" "It's an upsampler." "What does an upsampler do?" "It changes the bitrate from 16/44.1 to 24/96." "How does it do that?" "Interpolation." "But it can't create any information that isn't already there, right?" "Yes." "So...why?" "Because I think it sounds better." etc.

Fuck 'em. Pretty much. Or fuck with 'em.

"I have a friend who has two." "But you can't..." "Yeah, I know, he only has one set to 'upsample'." "What's the other one for?" "To reduce jitter." "Can you actually hear jitter?" "Me? No. Him? Yes." etc.

I bought one of these retarded things as a cheap power conditioner. I live in a house that is close to 100 years old and has real dirty power coming out of the walls. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I think I just wanted one because it's heavy and cool.

ups.jpg

This is too funny. In the operation manual for this UPS it states: Do not use this UPS for medical or life support equipment. Although Geek Squad likes sick people, it does not sell products for life support or medical use. Do not use this UPS in any way that could affect the opperation or safety of life support equipment, medical use or patient care.

I can just imagine somebody going to best buy to get a battery backup for their grandmothers life support system.

I can just imagine somebody going to best buy to get a battery backup for their grandmothers life support system.

These things happen in Florida all the time, especially around hurricane season. I've lost electricity for two weeks at a time. People do amazingly stupid things when they're not prepared (and many rarely are). They start thinking this might work...People also bring their generators and grills inside after three months of daily tv blitzes every year warning folks not to...and die.