Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

That Linn is a beauty. You don't see them in that good condition often. It seems like a good price but jp would probably know better. Just sell those overrated R10s and buy both. >:D

Stop it. You are evil. I need a new car, not a tt. It will be my mantra for 2008: Buy a car, not a tt! Damn hard, though, since I don't care at all about what I drive as long as it gets me where I need to be.

Stop it. You are evil. I need a new car, not a tt. It will be my mantra for 2008: Buy a car, not a tt! Damn hard, though, since I don't care at all about what I drive as long as it gets me where I need to be.

Don't go for the convertible then and buy the tt. You know you want it. You know you want it. You know you want it. Just keep saying it to yourself.

Hah! I do like that car, but I wouldn't even want an expensive car (not that I could afford one) as I'd always be worrying about where to park it, how to protect it, blah blah blech.

I probably won't go for a convertible either as it would just mean my already messy hair will be even messier. That, and the higher insurance rates will probably kill it for me. I'm probably going for one of those little Scions: cheap and you can throw a bunch of stuff in the back. That's my kind of car.

I do want a tt (turntable :) ), but, as Mike knows, I've been talking about getting a new car for a few years now. I should just do it, though I really like having no car payments, and talking about it is more fun than having to go out and get one. :P

Hah! I do like that car, but I wouldn't even want an expensive car (not that I could afford one) as I'd always be worrying about where to park it, how to protect it, blah blah blech.

Yup I'm the same way. I'll replace my Toyota when it finally decides to die. And I'll replace it with another one of the ultra-reliable types :P

Apparently, I have 'repurchased' my Lambda Nova - developed a 'tick' after being shipped. <sigh>

Oh, and I bought a MRI scan yesterday that indicates how herniated the disc is in my neck (the 7cm opening is now 4.5cm), causing the numbness in my hands. Looks like I'll be buying a happy ending session from a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks. :prettyprincess:

Does renting count? If so, a 15 yard dumpster that's now parked in my driveway. I am finally clearing the room that holds my computer and headphone rig. It's a back bedroom that has over the years become a storage shed for everything from clothes to video tapes to books to computer parts to whatever the hell else we could stuff in here. I'm going to gut the room, throw out all non-essentials (not books - it's a sin to throw away books), rip up the carpeting and refloor, paint the place and dedicate it to my rig, my computer, music and books. I've been meaning to do this for some time but my fat lazy ass has finally started the task.

Apparently, I have 'repurchased' my Lambda Nova - developed a 'tick' after being shipped. <sigh>

Oh, and I bought a MRI scan yesterday that indicates how herniated the disc is in my neck (the 7cm opening is now 4.5cm), causing the numbness in my hands. Looks like I'll be buying a happy ending session from a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks. :prettyprincess:

That sucks. I have one at C5/6 and L5/S1. I was close to having surgery on the one in my low back about 4 years ago and refused to do it. I've been essentially problem free for at least 3 years. My neck was never as bad but that also got better over time. Neck surgery is one of the last things I would consider. Make sure you're seeing a good neurosurgeon and get a second and third opinion as to surgery. I can't speak to your problems, but numbness can go away. I had it in my foot pretty bad and over time the episodes became fewer and fewer until they were gone.

I bought a Stax Lamda Pro/007t, HD-600 and GE Oracle cable.

That sucks. I have one at C5/6 and L5/S1. I was close to having surgery on the one in my low back about 4 years ago and refused to do it. I've been essentially problem free for at least 3 years. My neck was never as bad but that also got better over time. Neck surgery is one of the last things I would consider. Make sure you're seeing a good neurosurgeon and get a second and third opinion as to surgery. I can't speak to your problems, but numbness can go away. I had it in my foot pretty bad and over time the episodes became fewer and fewer until they were gone.

I bought a Stax Lamda Pro/007t, HD-600 and GE Oracle cable.

Yeah, this is after both carpal and ulnar release surgery this summer, which made no difference in my hands. Since I make a living typing, it is really inconvenient, though speech recognition software can help with this. Software won't help with buttoning shirts, working zippers, or handling things like a glass / keys / soap - all funny, until it beats ypou down on a daily basis. Very frustrating, not to mention hobbies that are totally put aside. Oh, or that magical moment at a Christmas party where a woman pulls up her shirt and says 'Feel 'em - they're real' - but, alas, no sensory observations at all with the lobstar claws... <sigh>.

I have an excellent neurologist, and have two different neurosurgeons to talk with next week. As the numbness creeps past my wrists toward the elbows, the pain starts in my lower back, and the left leg cramps to the point of not being able to stand, surgery seems less daunting. The wildest part is leaning my head back to finish off a drink, and feel the stingers shooting down my spine - really spectacular if you've never experienced it.

Oh, bought a replacement remote for the Azur 840c, and a matching nightstand for the guest bedroom.

Purchasing interrupted temporarily as all my CC were magnetized by the MRI, because the crappy locker to store my stuff wouldn't lock properly.

Upcoming new car for wife:

volkswagen tiguan

Upcoming new car for wife:

volkswagen tiguan

Nice! And thanks for the link -- you just made my decision a whole lot harder. My next car is in all likelihood going to be a VW, probably a Golf or Jetta Sportwagen, but not only did you add a Tiguan to my list, but they're apparently reintroducing the Scirroco. I could probably do with anything as small as a Subaru Impreza WRX/STI hatchback all the way up to Forester (in terms of size), but fortunately I have a couple of years to make my decision. I hope.

Me:

2 cases of Fast Lane Tea from Celestial Seasonings (yay! they reintroduced it! :prettyprincess: <-- greatest emoticon ever)

3 pairs of shoes from Zappos (1x Skechers Pixel, 2x Propet -- Winterlite Walker and Park Walker)

2 pairs of replacement A100Ti pads from AudioCubes

I went Rabbit, GTI(1), GTI(2), Corrado, Passat and would have gone Tourareg except for my Acura RDX, which reminds me of the GTI with the Corrado's power. If only they had kept the Corrado with the V6, I'd still be there. I looked (briefly) at the W10, but at $80k+ it just didn't line up.

I was wine tasting at the Longoria tasting room in Los Olivos, CA and noticed that they carried a brand of CDs that I'd never seen before, Putumayo World Music. So I bought "Tango Around the World". I'll listen to it tonight.

Would anybody like to share their opinions of Putumayo? I'd have linked to a picture of the CD "cover", but couldn't find one anywhere. Well, not one that would be easy to access.

Last week I also bought the following used CDs:

Melissa Etheridge - Brave and Crazy

Sara McLachlan - Solace

Mama Cass Ellliot - Mama's Big Ones

K.D. Lang - All You Can Eat

Total cost for the used CDs was about <$21 including tax.

Ordered two of those Sennheiser HD650 1/4" to 1/8" plug adapters from Sennheiser.

Way cheaper than the Grado one, and I have need to plug full size cans into my Pico, so why not.

Hey Ed,

I need one for my "new" AE-2. Can you please post from where you bought them? Maybe you'd like to sell one of yours to me?

-ken