Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

got lots of riding experience already?

Nope. First time on th bike today. I've ridden plenty of mopeds and the like before, but nothing with power like this. Took a bit to get used to the clutch not being at my left foot, but damn I cannot stand the pipe that is on there right now.

Nope. First time on th bike today. I've ridden plenty of mopeds and the like before, but nothing with power like this. Took a bit to get used to the clutch not being at my left foot, but damn I cannot stand the pipe that is on there right now.

www.msf-usa.org - take at least the first class, and more if you can. Don't develop bad habits, trust me, they're really hard to break. And I'd better be reading about you buying a helmet very soon. Jackets and gloves are nice and necessary, but protect your noggin' first.

And here, in case you're really lazy - http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?a=1388&q=259454

www.msf-usa.org - take at least the first class, and more if you can. Don't develop bad habits, trust me, they're really hard to break. And I'd better be reading about you buying a helmet very soon. Jackets and gloves are nice and necessary, but protect your noggin' first.

And here, in case you're really lazy - http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?a=1388&q=259454

Already have two helmets, and I am signed up for the intermediate course.

Buy a much smaller bike used, ride it for 6 months, then get back on that one. Really.

I'm not trying to be preachy. I have been riding for over 20 years, and a couple of years ago I got on a modern sportbike and it had enough power that it scared the shit out of me. You need your instincts to be good and sound before you get to where a mistake puts you at 140 instead of 50mph.

Buy a much smaller bike used, ride it for 6 months, then get back on that one. Really.

I'm not trying to be preachy. I have been riding for over 20 years, and a couple of years ago I got on a modern sportbike and it had enough power that it scared the shit out of me. You need your instincts to be good and sound before you get to where a mistake puts you at 140 instead of 50mph.

I dont even really know if I'm keeping a bike permanently. I got a great price, and for now, I'm learning on it. It IS a quick bike, and I am a noob. but if it came down to having to buy another bike, fuck it. I have a G35 to buy.

you can get a used bike for $500. That's cheap insurance. You're gonna wreck your first bike. You really want that wreck to 1) happen with a cheap bike, and 2) not happen at 145.

Well considering the bike's top speed is 127 (supposedly) and also considering I wont be taking the bike ont eh highway for a few months, im not too worried about top speed. Fuck it crash a car at 145 and its peace out for you anyway.

Shit, i have not heard one single postitive comment about riding a bike. Not just my bike, any bike. It sure makes me apprehensive about all of it, and making me second guess the whole idea. I'll take the course, pass my exam, and then decide if I want to keep it, or just turn it for profit.

I love motorcycles. Love them. Been riding since I was 14 years old. Amazing experience, it's a good one. But the problem isn't the top speed on a bike like that. It's how fast it gets there. Miss the brake one, or forget to release the gas while grabbing the brake, and things get bad FAST. Sportbikes are amazing. A joy to ride. Like nothing else. But they're not cars, they're not bicycles, they aren't even regular motorcycles. They're awe inspiring. Respect that. A HUGE percentage of bike wrecks happen with new riders on sportbikes.

Pah, I'm not allowed to have a motorbike these days as wifey thinks I'd kill myself.... and she's probably right :laugh:

Anyway, to console myself I went out and bought an expensive little modelmakers saw table. Really cute and very quiet. Dead accurate too. Precision German kit.

822567.jpg

:prettyprincess:

Had this disc for about 15 years, but about 3 years back I couldn't find it. :sadcat: I think it is really lost and it was one of my favorite discs. I brought another replacement. I had the Gold disc so I brought the replacement that is a gold disc too :dance:

41ZZMEAYGBL._SS500_.jpg

Well considering the bike's top speed is 127 (supposedly) and also considering I wont be taking the bike ont eh highway for a few months, im not too worried about top speed. Fuck it crash a car at 145 and its peace out for you anyway.

Shit, i have not heard one single postitive comment about riding a bike. Not just my bike, any bike. It sure makes me apprehensive about all of it, and making me second guess the whole idea. I'll take the course, pass my exam, and then decide if I want to keep it, or just turn it for profit.

Jay one of my friend's first bikes was a Katana 600 (unless they make a smaller one) and he took a few classes at Penguin Racing School. He's really happy with the bike, and I'm pretty sure he still has it after two years, saying a lot since it seems like he changes his car every few months :kitty:

Jay one of my friend's first bikes was a Katana 600 (unless they make a smaller one) and he took a few classes at Penguin Racing School. He's really happy with the bike, and I'm pretty sure he still has it after two years, saying a lot since it seems like he changes his car every few months :kitty:

I'll be taking the beginners safety course, so I can beat up their 250s instead of my katana.

Last hting I bought: frame sliders for the aforementioned katana.

I'll be taking the beginners safety course, so I can beat up their 250s instead of my katana. That also means I can pass the license test on that bike. Once I finish that, I'll take the intermediate class, on my bike.

Last hting I bought: frame sliders for the aforementioned katana.

Anyway, to console myself I went out and bought an expensive little modelmakers saw table. Really cute and very quiet. Dead accurate too. Precision German kit.

Nice!

Hitachi 12" compound miter saw.

I could never get past the Alien motif but I think they're supposed to be nice saws. I went with a Bosch myself.

I'll be taking the beginners safety course, so I can beat up their 250s instead of my katana.

Good plan. For someone coordinated like yourself it'll probably feel like the class is moving kind of slow but the experience that you'll get might just save your life. I had my brother (who's a MSF instructor) run me through the course a couple of years ago, I was amazed at how much I needed to learn, this after riding for 10+ years.

Last thing I bought: frame sliders for the aforementioned katana.

Let's hope you never need them. :)