Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I played with Fit's Magic Seat system before making the purchase and it was neat to see how much cargo space they really squeezed into the tiny car. It'll also be nice to be able to put in a car seat for my daughter - my old Civic was a 2-door and using a car seat with it would've been difficult.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

ec_ta_frontbolt.jpg

Eddie Current Transcription Amplifier phono stage. My Mayberry rig will now be Craig Uthus from source to speakers: Dual TT > Eddie Current TA > Moth 300B Paradigm Amplifier > Moth Cicadas. I just need to wrestle that Moth DAC away from Craig sometime and I could add the digital side into the Uthus mix.

Purchased the TA from JP who already has seller's remorse even though he hasn't shipped it yet. :laugh:

Edited by Voltron

cheaper? -- or did you mean WD specifically?

WD drives. (I'm making the assumption they are using the 'green' drive in the external). The OEM drive on amazon was at least $15 more.

This is just something to keep at the office, so an external will do. I am delaying upgrading drobo drives as long as possible. Hopefully I can hold off for 3tb models.

I can tell you something I've definitely bought the last of: Dell.

Apple makes shit across their entire range, but it's shit supported by a smile. Sony's support is biblically shit, but their gear mostly isn't. Dell gear doesn't always suck for sure... but when Dell does shit flagships, it's just shit on shit.

I am defo not darkening their doors for a loooooong time.

i've never seen a Sony computer that was made in Japan, high end or low end, and i've seem plenty of them. i've also never seen a Sony laptop that had a reasonable cooling system, but that's common enough.

Nowadays you have to go to Japan to find them and even then they're few and far between.

A new turntable and tonearm made by Rauna of Sweden (Rauna of Sweden) you can google translate. Linear tracking mechanical arm, inverted TT bearing. Have yet to get set up and running. Soon.

Very nice! Salvatore's review of the Nantais Lenco makes me really want to do something with my L75 or buy a few more as backups :-\