Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Nice Al.

Just picked 6 bottles of CCB Humidor Series IPA, which won a Gold Medal at the Great American Beer Fest '10. Also picked up 2 bottles of Willett Bourbon. If anyone wants any, let me know. It was under $50 a bottle. I think there is one or two bottles left. They also had Laphroaig 21 for $199, regularly $400 and some other whiskey from the people that make Willett.

Went to the giant beer store that Colin pointed out to me less than .5 mile from my house.

Got (4) Four Packs (BD Tokio, BD Storm, Weyerbacher Quad, Three Philosophers) and a Six Pack of DFH 60 Min IPA.

Also managed to take my first iPhone Video but forgot to turn it on its side so it is skinny and poorly shot. This is one of the three singles rows in the store.

th_BuyRite-1.jpg

And the actual rows also from the iPhone.

BuyRite.jpg

Thanks for the support everybody. I woke up with a hangover, but it wasn't from alcohol. As JP put it, the KX-R has been a ferret gnawing at the back of my mind ever since our demo of it. It is a crazy purchase but it will make me and Claire happy at the same time, so long as she NEVER EVER knows the actual cost. Looking forward to having it set up and dialed in for visits. :) And the fact that Mayberry will be upgraded is another nice side benefit. :cool:

@Mike: Nice knives. I wish I was going to be raiding your amazing beer fridge and enjoying your BBQ skills next week.

@JEW: Nice knife. I like that it is solid looking but not inherently threatening like a lot of those tactical knives.

@ Pete: Come on up north for a visit one of these days! In the meantime, tell us how you like that gorgeous SME.

@Todd: Sweet flat screen. That's a biggun!

@Deepak: Who needs a Buddha when you can rub the KX-R. I swear that there is some kind of drug on that aluminum surface that is passed through the fingertips.

@Jeff: That's more singles than mixer at the Hillel House! Sorry, just watched A Serious Man last night. Anyway, beautiful beer store. Good thing that rookie has some detective skilz. :laugh:

apple_al13.jpg Congrat x2 on your purchases.

I pity the poor person that has to deliver 66 pounds of your namesake clad goodness. How apt. :)

Just make sure you know how to pronounce it correctly * you can always take advice from these "experts" * :)

http://www.rollitup.org/toke-n-talk/121333-how-do-you-pronounce-aluminium.html

Edited by Grahame

Delivered today to replace my Sony SXRD that died.

URL="http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/plasma-tv/PN58C8000YFXZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&returnurl="]58" 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV PN58C8000 58" 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV- NEW - Plasma TV - Televisions | SAMSUNG

Nice Todd, I was looking at some Samsung plasmas, but they all had pretty poor MLL, around where the Pannies settled post rise. How is this one?

Went to the giant beer store that Colin pointed out to me less than .5 mile from my house.

Got (4) Four Packs (BD Tokio, BD Storm, Weyerbacher Quad, Three Philosophers) and a Six Pack of DFH 60 Min IPA.

Also managed to take my first iPhone Video but forgot to turn it on its side so it is skinny and poorly shot. This is one of the three singles rows in the store.

URL=http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/VPIVinylspinner/?action=view&current=BuyRite-1.mp4]IMG]http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/VPIVinylspinner/th_BuyRite-1.jpg

And the actual rows also from the iPhone.

IMG]http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/VPIVinylspinner/BuyRite.jpg

They certainly have an impressive selection. Their beer guy seemed extremely knowledgeable too, said that Philly is the closest he can find Russian River stuff, and that if one liked the Consecration, then they needed to try the Supplication.

Was looking for a pair of small speakers to use at the office. Thanks to recommendations by fellow members I picked up a pair of Clements 105di from Adiogon. The price was very good at $80 including S&H, currently they are burning in and I hope they open up nicely since the initial impressions were not encouraging. The 105di's sounded congested and the bass was not present, of course I do not expect earth shaking bass from such a tiny speaker.

For pics please go to: Picasa Web Albums - 10943715404801124... - Clements 105di

I shot one awhile back, back when you couldn't get one, or I would have bought one then. I'd met a local couple from Defensive Carry forum at the range and we tried out each other's guns. The woman was carrying the EMP. That was the only time I shot one. It's a really good carry size for me, and I like that it's a 1911 style, but Springfield reengineered the entire 1911 for 9mm, not just squished a 1911 down and chopped off the barrel to 3". It fits great in my hands, and I like it. Going to the range tomorrow.