Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

i finally got around to buying Dragon Age Origins.

Ahhhh... I've played this game in all of the origin stories, my fav are city elf and noble dwarf. Human noble is also good. You might have a great time with this game with lots of playthroughs or you might not finish it. Either way I recommend it to anyone, including the expansion the dlcs not so much....

Last item I bought was a 2TB Samsung F3, and an Intel X25M-G2 160GB

In a couple of trips to City Beer this week, I picked up some gems and went back for more to send to JP:

Black Hole, Mikkeller's stout ale but then barrel aged in four expressions: bourbon, Islay whisky, red wine and rum. Two full flights each for me and for JP

I Beat U, an American double IPA, from Mikkeller but brewed at BrewDog in Duggeh-land. x2

Beer Geek Brunch -- Weasel, also from Mikkeller, an imperial outmeal stout infused with weasel-poop coffee. Read the label and be jealous. x2 each.

Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. on Rye from HeBrew, a rye double IPA that is barrel-aged in Sazerac rye barrels. x2

Who knows, there may be some of the Black Hole for sampling at MOA II. :cool:

mikkeller-barrel-aged-black-hole.png

ibeatu.jpg

mikkeller.jpg

hebrew-ripa-on-rye.png

^^there's a place here that typically has bittersweet lenny on tap at a steal...good stuff...i noticed it was twice the price & only available in bottles in chicago...

I don't think we ever met at CJ, which is too bad, but a few of us did make it to the Map Room on Sunday evening. Great spot but I was unable to consume alcohol because my BAC was still too high from the night before. :palm: Other sturdy folk had some great offerings. Did you get there over the weekend?

Troeg's Troegenator Double Bock

Sam Adams Cream Stout

Sam Adams Honey Porter

Schlafly Reserve Imperial Stout

Tonight will probably be a Sam Adams night, if I drink at all, I've got one of each of those two chillin' in the fridge, and one each of the Sam Adams Double Bock and Imperial Stout.

I don't think we ever met at CJ, which is too bad, but a few of us did make it to the Map Room on Sunday evening. Great spot but I was unable to consume alcohol because my BAC was still too high from the night before. :palm: Other sturdy folk had some great offerings. Did you get there over the weekend?

no, Saturday night I took the el then a bus to the Hop Leaf...I intended to hit the Map Room after, but I didn't think I could trust my navigational skills:)...I really enjoyed trying something from Surly finally as, for whatever reason, it cannot be found in Indiana...

I hit FFF briefly, but they semi-secretly bring Dark Lord to a local outdoor beer festival...most of their other brews can be found year round in Indy...

too bad we didn't knowingly run into eachother...looking forward to next time...Map Room is cash only, right?...

junebeer.jpg

hope the Brew Dog's decent as it was damned expensive...went with the Islay...Bowmore 1987...

junepils.jpg

had to find a suitable glass for the Pilsner...if I really wanted to show off, I'd put my Rado back on...it just had an ultrasonic cleaning:D...

Al, Montrachet is notoriously stupid--dumb blondes and all that jazz.

Ben, why do you still have white burgundy from the '80s? That should have been consumed long ago instead of wasted.

Cheap stuff, yeah, hence the comment. And in fact a lot of expensive stuff too... but you'd be surprised sometimes.

Sweet. Someday I'll need to get one. For now my PM9 or S&W 637 are pretty small and easy to carry with me.

Yep, the PM9 rocks.....it's the only gun I can practically carry everyday without bitching about how heavy it is or worrying if I'm printing or not.