Watches

Dusty Chalk

It’s small, but has plenty of room for an engraving on the back. I think it’s quite lovely. Box and papers makes presentation nice. HAQ movement to boot, which is silly since it has no seconds hand and it’s not like you can read it particularly accurately! Surprisingly weighty. 

IMG_2408.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been getting used to wearing a gold watch on the regular (the Chopard being an automatic and all; Santos Dumont isn’t a daily wear watch). It’s a different experience, and I was very wary of dents and scratches. I’ve put plenty of small superficial scratches on the Chopard, but the couple of moderate hits it’s taken have caused no damage (I’m guessing that the crystal actually took the knocks), which is good for confidence.

Picked up an Apple Watch Ultra 2. I have decided that if I’m going to wear an Apple Watch, which I do 95 percent of the time, that I want it to be an Ultra. Maybe having two Ultras is silly, but I don’t have to worry about charge now (I would swap to my series 7 when the ultra died and then rush to change back). Unlike with my “old” Ultra, I have picked up a generic titanium bracelet, instead of another Sandmarc; options have gotten a lot better than they were a year ago, so I don’t  see the point in spending hundreds on a bracelet when you can (hopefully!) spend dozens instead. 

Also I seem to have lost my Series 7, so I needed a second Apple Watch anyway. 

For those interested, the bracelet from Ultra Supply Co is very nice for the price. It’s an exact match for the Ultra’s finish. It is built well, though has a cheap stamped clasp (it’s sturdy enough). It’s a lot cheaper than the Sandmarc or Nomad bracelets. I have their titanium Milanese mesh coming soon, too. Recommended. 

• 4 weeks later...

Love a Tank, I actually bought one recently (Must Solarbeat) "for my partner" and definitely not because I wanted to "borrow" it "occasionally".

IMG_2145.thumb.jpg.902b1a96b8ee662df41048a167e7ef32.jpg

A couple of other random pics from the collection while I am here. First, the current daily driver. Love it. Been on a bracelet recently though. I'll save the bracelet look for a future post.

IMG_8013.thumb.jpeg.d99656ba1f882ea69dec6c2248377686.jpeg

And then there is my baby.

DSC05455.thumb.jpg.26304b406752b3e4f773642c0942c4ea.jpg

Action shot.

IMG_7309(1).thumb.jpeg.54d509552322fae62c6ecbb5ea2d372f.jpeg

And yes, for reference my wrists are SUPER tiny. That Oris is a blessing as a 36mm dive watch.

Edited by revolink24
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anybody was interested in what a 7mm watch looks like on wrist. It feels like wearing a quarter, but it gets a lot thinner than that (my Santos Dumont is just 5.5, and feels absurd): I love it. Thinness is a complication.

I’m not happy with this Tiffany lizard strap. I think I want to wear this watch on Horween Shell, but the last time I had a Horween shell strap made I got a rash.

IMG_0815.jpeg

Edited by EdipisReks1