What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

;)

So far the reviews on Twinkie...

Myself: "I don't remember them being this small" (last had at least three decades ago when mouth was likely smaller). 

Melissa: "I don't know if it's the Twinkie, but I'm feelin' sick."

Esmé (eyeing so tiny bite offered): Quick head-shake back and forth. Senses danger. Will not sample. "Bye-bye."

Cup Cakes will wait for another battle. Hopefully they'll stay fresh. 

Edited by blessingx

No. No possible future court evidence that I offered my daughter a Twinkie.  

On a brighter note, had a Fred's Steak sandwich at Schaub's Meats for lunch today. If anyone is ever at the Stanford Mall and looking for a sandwich, it's damn fine. https://plus.google.com/118186980441558846271/

Edited by blessingx

^recipe?

1000 g chicken, cut into small pieces or whatever you prefer

130 g raw, unsalted pistachios
5 tbsp (75 ml) half and half cream
1 cup water
4 green chilies

2 medium onions, chopped finely

1 tbsp ground or minced fresh ginger
6 large garlic cloves, ground

3/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric
3/4 tsp ground white pepper
1 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
2 bay leaves

3 tbsp yogurt, whipped with a fork
1 medium tomato, chopped
4 green chilies

Put the pistachios and water into a pan and simmer until they soften slightly (a few minutes). Add the cream and 4 green chilies and dump everything into your blender. Blend thoroughly, scraping down the sides repeatedly and adding water as needed to make the smoothest possible paste (this is important).

Add as much oil as you want to a pan and cook the onions until they start to colour. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for a bit, then add the spices and fry briefly. You can add some water to deglaze the pan while you are cooking the spices so they don't stick.

Add the pistachio paste and cook briefly, then add the yogurt, tomato, and green chilies, finally followed by the chicken.

Cook chicken to 150-160F, adding water or chicken stock to the sauce if it's too dry. Remember the chicken will exude some liquid as it cooks, so don't go overboard. Don't overcook the chicken, or it will be really dry and gross. You can check the temperature of individual pieces with the Thermapen tip.