What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Just had kalbi flank steak lettuce wraps with ssamjang, so good.

Is it bad that I have started thinking about getting one of the aforementioned immersion circulators for at work vizzling?  I'd have to presear at home of course, but beyond that it seems reasonable.  Right?

No pictures but last night I had what will probably be on of the top 10 meals in my lifetime.  Maura and I (along with her brother and his wife) took her parents and their two best friends out to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary.  We picked Grill 23 in Boston which is historically rated as the top steakhouse in Boston and has made other lists like Maxim's top 10 and so on.  We started with drinks and fried calamari, moved onto salads where I had the Baby Iceberg (stuffed with bacon and gorgonzola w/ ranch dressing) and for the main course I selected the Kobe cap steak (10oz) which was the best cow I've ever eaten.  The table finished things off with caramel profiteroles and chocolate layer cake, both of which were extraordinary.  It's the better part of 12hrs since I finished that meal and I still am not hungry.  My wallet may never recover either but it was worth it.

• Like 3

no pictures, but duck confit mac n cheese at "Of Love and Regret", the "gastro-pub" owned by the owner of Stillwater Artisanal Ales.  Also had cajun chicken soup, and several wonderful beers, the names of which I didn't track, or take pictures of. 

Was a good dinner.