What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

We went out to a local steak/wine bar tonight for dinner. Debbie ordered a 10 oz filet cooked medium. When we got our steaks, hers was pretty blue in the center. Our waitress was very good, offering to replace the steak immediately. Debbie did send it back and they gave her a complete new dinner with the steak cooked correctly. The manager came by our table and let us know they were comping Debbie's steak and all the wine we had consumed. Awesome customer service in our books, and because the waitress was so attentive and apologetic, she got a big tip. So a night that could have been shitty turned out good.

• Like 4

Fred's steaks are awesome, seriously. Curry wurst, not so much.

Tonight, Alden made Beef Wellingtons and Claire made her Swiss chard with balsamic/brown sugar reduction. Tasty stuff

508e927dc85fde4bb0c8ca8e5bf33f3b.jpg

Awesome. Debbie and I hope to some day have the honor of eating Alden prepared Wellington. My mouth is watering from the pic.

Cheers Al, and family!

Complementing our wine dinner-

20141014_183430_zpsf1f86a6d.jpg

seared Ahi tuna

20141014_190353_zps74c33c79.jpg

Crab cakes with nom nom sauce and jellied cran/cherry somethings.  (I was getting hungry and impatient at this point, thus the fork shot)  Both courses going real well with the Cristal.

20141014_192533_zps617179f4.jpg

Short ribs and brussle sprout gnocchi with peas, toasted capers in there somewhere and Reggianno Romano shavings.  Time for the 1998 Clos de Tart Burgundy to wash this all down.

20141014_195105_zps691bd035.jpg

Ultra buttery tender filet mignon with a rosewater and basalmic sauce and some magic mushrooms. With a couple of cranberries thrown in for good measure. Excellent with the Tart Burgundy.

20141014_201356_zpsc2b0a21c.jpg

Toasted coffee moussse, cream with toasted coffee crumbs. 

Savoring my blessings now with a Mikey pour of Camus XO Cognac.  Cheers all!

• Like 4