What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

Lunch - tandoori chicken cooked in yogurt. My grandma's recipe. Came out fantastic. 

Dinner - sous vide brisket cooked at 145F for 24 hours. Lost a little too much volume I think. Very tender but not as juicy as I had hoped. I got the spice mixture just right this time so going to tweak the Cook times for next time. Julie typically doesn't like brisket but she loved this one. We had with wheat mountain bread and cherry/jalapeno bbq sauce. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Hmmm...tandoori yogurt chicken sounds good...(wanders off to look up a recipe online)

Me, been working on a vaguely chili-an recipe (very little pepper) for the last 4 hours, finally just gave up and ate what I had.  Was good, but seemed to have that hollowness between the base texture and the spicy top that goes with a lot of hot but "no salt added" foods.  Oh well, just kept adding shit until it tasted better, ended up being pretty good, but I don't think I appreciate it right now, I probably should have ate before I started cooking so that I wasn't hangry by the time I et.

It's essentially this but with a few additions. 

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/yogurt-marinated-grilled-chicken-366453

Cumin, deghi mirch, tandoori powder, paprika, liquid smoke, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, yogurt. I'm not sure if the yogurt is the difference because my mom gets some culture every time she goes to India from the bakery in our home town and brings it to the states and makes yogurt every other day at home. Basically a little portion of it is set aside as the seed for the following batch. Haven't found yogurt that tastes nearly as good or creamy in America. 

• Like 1

Cool, thanks for sharing!  Will try that one.

It's also really hard to compare "fresh" with "packaged" -- that probably has as much to do with it tasting better.

That said, I have found a particularly delicious plain yogurt that is head and shoulders above any other yogurt I've tasted (I do not make my own -- that's probably food-poisoning waiting to happen), and I use it exclusively:  Harris Teeter Organics organic lowfat yogurt (I use lowfat, you may want to check out the regular yogurt).  I also may have grabbed the vanilla by accident once, it was surprisiingly smooth, without an overwhelming vanilla flavor.

You know, just in case you run out of home-made.

The other day I had lunch with Craig and Stretch. Pity them. But not because of the food, because that was fantastic.

75683c617f68dfe3e07cd072cfa82e35.jpg

664f0594d50b683b30cd300869c10210.jpg

85f6aaae240332d9c9bce3f2dea0ef50.jpg

f00403a5dea022a8b73e6bab51a29c04.jpg

6cd188abd4e751ec01b263f78f47c030.jpg

Plus wine. We were with Stretch after all.

Tonight was another fantastic dining experience.

fd7f15d35b2aa6a2af02b02ed230b10f.jpg

84d0c68f4756c82944056688d3004f58.jpg

1aeed8e3419417e14249609f993e32d5.jpg

5564af9810103af820aa9f4ed3850476.jpg

No wine because of scotch.

Good bye UK!

29e1237345176dc6c65f8d2c8ce4240c.jpg

• Like 9