What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

I don't understand Southerners and Okra. It's the nastiest, slimiest stuff ever. Even other squash don't like Okra, as you never see it in the squash section of the produce department. Thank goodness it has stunted growth, or it would be even worse!

I can deduce that they wouldn't be slimy, but I'm sure they still taste like old gym socks.

I love most vegetables, and even recently turned a corner on Brussel Sprouts (once Mike and Deb showed me they're good when not boiled).

But Okra, Lima beans & Hominy are nasty. I've explained Okra, Lima beans (and Butter beans) are not slimy, but taste no better than Okra, and Hominy is like someone covered corn in wax.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swt61 said:

I can deduce that they wouldn't be slimy, but I'm sure they still taste like old gym socks.

I love most vegetables, and even recently turned a corner on Brussel Sprouts (once Mike and Deb showed me they're good when not boiled).

But Okra, Lima beans & Hominy are nasty. I've explained Okra, Lima beans (and Butter beans) are not slimy, but taste no better than Okra, and Hominy is like someone covered corn in wax.

What?  That's not what okra's texture is like at all.  I'm curious what preparation this is coming from.  I mean, don't get me wrong -- Interstellar (in which okra is the last plant food source on earth) is an apocalypse scenario, but by no means the worst.

I've used canned okra in my chili-esque thing, and it was just fine.

Even olives are slimier than okra.  And I love olives.  But I'll admit that they're slimy.

I need to revisit okra.

I'm with Al and Colin and the margaritas of which I have had two celebrating CdM though I had empanadas which were very good but did not have any crab or even lobster in them which was Ok but I would have preferred lobster in my empanada even though I have never heard of any lobster empanada so there is that.

Cheers!

• Like 4