Post what you're watching

deepak

A Columbo episode where Johnny Cash is mixed up with a crooked televangelist to get in the daughters pants, then after being blackmailed, drugs the daughter and mother while in a twin prop and crashes the plane into a mountain to teach them you don't fuck with Johnny Cash. Heartwarming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzKxgzgoIow

Edited by blessingx

Just got around to watching all ( ;) ) of  Broadchurch. It's now on BBC America and very much worth watching, if not exactly uplifting.

Episode 4 just aired last week on this side of the pond. I was intrigued with the first ep, but am bored now. "The Fall" is so much better.

Can't wait for "Luther" (season 3) to run this week!

Eddie Izzard: Live from Wembley -- high.  Larry.  us.

The first Alien, she blew him out the airlock.

The second film -- Alienz -- she blew him out the airlock.

The third film -- Alienseses -- she blew him out the airlock.

The fourth film -- Alienseseseses -- she blew him out the airlock.

Everything else is measured in feet, horses are measured in hands.  What the fuck?

Fucking hilarious.

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop -- awesome.  I figure it's the apposite to Howard Stern's Private Parts -- the HS story is for everyone who has ever hated a boss, the CO'B story is for everyone who has ever loved a boss.  I just can't imagine anyone coming out of that and loving Conan less.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I'm just saying that I can't imagine it.

Luther -- this is disturbing in a way I don't find disturbing (contrast with, for example, Breaking Bad, which I find disturbing) -- what's wrong with me, if anything?

Also:  still laughing at multiple scenes from mental replayback of Wet Hot American Summer -- the dialog-less Kenyan runner, the opening of everyone slipping out of others' bunks and heading back to their own bunks, the fumbling with the chewing gum...just everything.

"Broadchurch" finale - I came around to liking this show a lot more after I stopped expecting it to be another "Luther" or "The Fall". Rather than being focused on a serial killer, it unfolds more like a novel, slowly peeling back the layers of a (supposedly) sleepy coastal town. The ending scene is very moving.

"Sleepy Hollow" - my favorite new show of the season so far. Better than Whedon's "MAOS", imo.

Edited by jpelg

• 2 weeks later...

Arrow -- oh, hey, look, it's Dresden.  And, oh, hey look, it's Capt. Jack Harkness.

Some great dialog, too:

"...at least, that's what my agent says."

"Agent?  I thought you were a neurosurgeon, Carter."

"I know, it's crazy, right?  One minute I'm publishing this book on how long-term potentiation initiates the creation of a slow-moving protein synthesis, and the next, there's an agent trying to make me the next Dr. Oz."

"Why would he want you to be a wizard?"

(everyone laughs)

"For all our sakes, start reading Us Weekly."

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching a Japanese drama called Hanzawa Naoki. It's very different from the US primetime dramas; it has very few big scenes and very little action elements. It gets its point across mainly with words. It's a damn good show, but it does get a little dry from time to time because of its wordiness. Season finale reached record high in Kanto, Japan at 42.2%, so the second season is probably coming, and I can't wait to watch more.