Post what you're watching

deepak

Sherlock Season 3 Episode 1.

This. recently. Preceded by the mini episode "Many Happy Returns" ( see spoiler)  to set the scene

Plenty of Depth, and the following (non plot related) observations

The blatant / obvious Whitehall / Skyfall homage, infact plenty of bondian references (Mycroft/M , "You Only live Twice") etc

Thesp relatives ...

Watson's fiance being played by Martin Freeman’s other half, Amanda Abbington.

Benedict Cumberbatch’s parents, Timothy Carlton and Wanda Ventham, play Sherlock’s parents.

(Wanda Ventham used to play Col Virgina Lake in UFO 

ColLake.jpg

)

Many more real spolers / discussion here http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/small-screen/post/p1439

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has multiple headphones (I.E. me) is exempt, since we have different headphones for different situations.

EDIT:  Also, I think the concept of introducing ownership into the equation differentiates the two -- there's no ownership in Bonds or Doctors, other than by the actual show makers.  So we are free to pick favorites in things we own, or things we feel the need to pare down, either financially, or just because.

I mean, I have the same problem picking favorite movies from 2013 (I have four [Gravity, Stoker, Upstream Color, and The World's End], favourite albums (if you just listened to what you consider your favourite album for the umpteenth time and felt like something different, is it really -- right at that very second -- still your favourite album?), favourite movies of all time [blade Runner, but if there are so many different versions of it, and I wouldn't change a thing about Pulp Fiction or From Dusk Til Dawn -- neither of which I consider even remotely my favourite movie -- then...what?  Am I just indecisive?).

EDIT #2:  By the way, this is my ranked headphone list:

Leatherheads

everything else

...you have to start stating criteria to get any more detailed than that (portable -- the Leatherheads just aren't -- etc.).

I started with season 5. Matt Smith is almost as cool as Benedict Cumberbatch. All other doctors seem too slow. I enjoy fast, witty deliveries. 

The quantity reference was more for Sherlock than Doctor Who which has "longer" seasons. Hustle had 6 episodes and always left me wanting more. Sherlock takes that to a whole new level by having only 3/season. I wonder if the quality of popular shows like Walking Dead would improve if they didn't have filler episodes that didn't add anything to the story line (ie. the governor. Fuck the governor. Worst segway ever). 

• 2 weeks later...