Obama

deepak

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the choices, I often write in "Jerry Garcia". He'd still do a better job than most of the jokers running for office. :kitty:

Wait...wait you go out to the poles, stand in line...just to waste your time. I'm all for comedy voting but if you have to register, drive to your voting station, stand in line...a bit much for a dumb joke?

Wait...wait you go out to the poles, stand in line...just to waste your time. I'm all for comedy voting but if you have to register, drive to your voting station, stand in line...a bit much for a dumb joke?

Nope. I do absentee voting, so it's only a matter of a little time with a pencil and a stamp. I don't do it for every choice on the ballot, only when all the choices for one office are bozos.

Nope. I do absentee voting, so it's only a matter of a little time with a pencil and a stamp. I don't do it for every choice on the ballot, only when all the choices for one office are bozos.

Depending on the law of your state, you may be cancelling out your vote by sending out an absentee ballot and going to the polls and voting. I was an attoney poll watcher in '04 and '06 for the Democratic party so they made me learn voting laws so when the Republicans would challenge voters we could explain why the were wrong.

Ron Paul scares me as much as the other Republicans. The Democrats just scare me a little less. We need a third party and public financing of campaigns. It's time to get the corporations out of politics.

kangkodos.gif

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're

nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]

[audience gasps in terror]

Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about

it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.

[murmurs]

Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.

Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.

Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.

Depending on the law of your state, you may be cancelling out your vote by sending out an absentee ballot and going to the polls and voting. I was an attoney poll watcher in '04 and '06 for the Democratic party so they made me learn voting laws so when the Republicans would challenge voters we could explain why the were wrong.

Ron Paul scares me as much as the other Republicans. The Democrats just scare me a little less. We need a third party and public financing of campaigns. It's time to get the corporations out of politics.

So it's fair to say you were a "moderator" of the 2004 elections :kitty:

Did you see how Obama made Hillary cry the other night. That was not nice. He should be taken to asked about that....

Why, Mr. Obama did you make Hillary cry?

Yeah :). I was quite surprised that Obama took Iowa. It is going to get quite interesting since Hillary won in New Hampshire.

Huckabee scares me the most, since he is the Jesus candidate. And I have no problem at all with Christianity. I don't consider myself a Christian, but it doesn't stop me from reading the Bible and texts by Christian scholars (in addition to a variety of other religious and spiritual texts). But running on the Jesus platform always stinks to me of the dirtiest, dirtiest politics. Filthy like the exposed titties on the Lady of Justice statue. Filthy, filthy titties! Cover them, cloth the filthy titties!!

Fred Thompson is just another wishy-washy "lets legislate morality and stop der gays" candidate. So he is scary as well, but he also has run the most pathetic campaign of the past few decades.

I can't quite put my finger on Rudy. His "wait till the big states" strategy has never worked in the history of the presidency, so it makes me wonder if he is just being lazy. He seems likable enough, and fiscal conservativism paired with no social agenda (meaning he doesn't legislate morality) is attractive to me.

Mitt Romney has been a lifelong hunter.

I can't say I like or dislike Hilary Clinton, but I strongly dislike the type of politics she represents, meaning the answers no questions, says nothing firm, sticks with the FOTM. She's like a formless entity who believes in nothing but winning.

I have a strong respect for McCain. I love his honesty even though I disagree with him on a number of issues. I love that he doesn't bow to his party. All in all he is probably the most likable candidate for me.

Obama makes me feel good. I like that he says "you can" instead of "i can". Of course everybody keeps bringing up the whole JFK resemblance, but they keep bringing it up because its true. I love that he can speak. I think that rhetoric is a crucial talent in any politician.

okay i'm at work and i'm tired and stressed and not making much sense, but the above is pretty much my rundown of the candidates. at this juncture, i like obama (d) and mccain ®.

This is bitter me:

Vote Clinton: because 15 years of failure to change anything is equal to experience.

vote Clinton: because the American presidency could be handed down like a piece of family furniture.

vote Clinton: because white middle class women actually think that her presidency would be historically significant.

vote Clinton: because baby-boomers are not done dividing America.

vote Clinton: because there are plenty of red states that will stay red.

vote Clinton: because doing the right thing only goes so far as one doesn't risk Michigan's electoral votes.

vote Clinton: because in this difficult age, we cannot afford to start dreaming of a better future. Reactionary politics is here to stay!