Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

They probably didn't bother checking to see if they actually "fixed" them.

Sort of like the problem I had with my old iPod - I had to send it into repair (to the wonderful BestBuy repair folks) since it suddenly stopped holding charge. They replaced the battery, considered it "fixed" without checking to see if the battery was the problem (it wasn't).

I had that issue with my iPod too. Except I paid for it to be repaired by Apple. I had hard drive issues (I think?) songs skip (some songs in entirety, others a few seconds in at random)/ menu freezes, then queues up all the commands maybe a minute later / and also some battery issues. Well not all of those symptoms, I think I had 2 of them when I first sent it back for repair. It came back and exhibited a 3rd symptom. I flamed the hell outa them when I filed for my 2nd repair. I think they didn't charge me for that one (or refunded my credit card for the 2nd repair, after reading the report).

The 780s deserve JenaLabs! That would be the right thing to do.

LoL.

-- Not to poke fun at markl, since I've never heard an R10 nor have I heard the denons in any shape or form (modded/unmodded). But that's one R10 the d5000 will beat. Nobody can argue that.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DogFish

Some people are f#kin idiots, of course JenaLabs didn't damage the R10s, why on earth would they risk their name over a pair of phones... If the head-fi population believes that bullsh!t... :doghuh:

Let's see, the "reputation" they have to protect is that of a peddler selling ass-ugly stranded copper cryo wire for up to several thousands of dollars markup...

Until more info is made available I feel fairly safe assuming the R10 owner is in the right, by a long shot. I can't wait for JenaLabs' reply - I'm rather expecting something along the lines of the Virtual Dynamics/Acoustic Chef hilarity

:prettyprincess:

The nasty people at HC which don't like the demigods at ALO and Jena. It's all a gigantic plot you see, involving fairies and pixie dust but not in the normal, magical Jena labs way. It's a bit like the Lord of the Rings but without the rings and the quest is for audio goodness...

JenaLabs will be posting a reply, it should give insight into the rest of the story...

Even if what Alex posted was completely made (highly doubtful) up it does not change the fact that they denied him a $1500 refund. Unless they are now going to give him the refund now that their company name has been dragged through the mud ::)

The nasty people at HC which don't like the demigods at ALO and Jena. It's all a gigantic plot you see, involving fairies and pixie dust but not in the normal, magical Jena labs way. It's a bit like the Lord of the Rings but without the rings and the quest is for audio goodness...

:rofl::prettyprincess:

I can't even afford $1,500 headphones, let alone a $1,500 recable.

I still have sticker shock :o

I feel a bit ripped off when I buy the 100$ Stax replacement cables but 1500$ is simply insane. I especially like the no warranty bit so it is basically a good old fashioned scam. :kitty:

$1500? Please, that's peanuts.. Now if it was over a couple of million, yeah maybe... :-\
Please...tell us more about this denial you are in.

No, seriously, you can't preach it both ways -- you sound like on the one hand, you want to believe the opposite of what happened, but then you're also telling us to "wait and see" until we hear both sides of the story.

Guys this whole debacle has intrigued me so much that I have taken it upon myself to get personally involved. That's something I usually never do, but I just had to learn more.

I put in a call to JenaLabs and had to leave a message with what I assume was a secretary. She assured me that someone would return my call.

About 20 minutes later I received a call back from two JenaLabs technicians. After inquiring about the R-10 case in question I was hit by a barrage of unintelligible mumbo jumbo from one of them. The other was strangely silent.

So the truth is I'm no closer to knowing what has transpired than you are.

However even though the silent technician had nothing to say , he gave me an odd feeling that there was more to the situation than I was hearing from the other tech.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I did discover that video conferencing is pretty cool.

jenalabsemployees500x48ol2.jpg

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Some people are f#kin idiots, of course JenaLabs didn't damage the R10s, why on earth would they risk their name over a pair of phones... If the head-fi population believes that bullsh!t... :doghuh:

Geez, here we go again..

If I answer yes, will you shut the f#ck up? :prettyprincess:

No, here YOU go again, DoucheFish. Your idiotic opening salvo calling people "f#kin idiots" like the punk-ass bitch that you are just demonstrates that your only purpose is once again to shit-disturb.

The people here who have read Alex's story believe what he has said, and what his pictures clearly show. We would all like to hear what the owner of the cans has to say, but I am sure it will back up Alex. We would also like to hear the Jena Labs side of the story, although Steve's effort to track down details from Jena Labs directly did not really lead to a lot of factual information. If they step up and set out some facts, I for one am willing to listen to them. As for you, not so much.