Another Stax Omega 2 setup

deepak

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But holy shit it's like an ultra resolving (minus the midbass hump) L3000.

I actually think that's fairly accurate in the sense that the O2's share a pretty similar tonality to the L3000. The O2's do kill them in resolution and speed though.

I actually think that's fairly accurate in the sense that the O2's share a pretty similar tonality to the L3000. The O2's do kill them in resolution and speed though.

The thing I really like with the O2 is they are really holographic soundstage wise. Something I really missed in the L3000.

I think the O2 midrange is a bit "cooler" than the midrange heavy L3000. Definitely agree that the O2 bests them in speed and resolution. I can't wait to feed the O2 some tubes :prettyprincess:

Another thing I noticed is where the L3000 is pretty much bass heavy all the time, the O2 is only bass heavy when called for. ie The National - Boxer is dominated/lead by the drums/bass lines (overall dark sounding album) that sounds so good on the O2. But put in a bass light CD like the Led Zep remasters vomit-smiley-31.gif and the bass is definitely lacking.

They are definitely very resolving of recordings.

We are getting a lot of help in this passion aren't we. When do you think you will be committed; I mean committing?

We're closing on an apartment at some point this summer. If I pull the trigger prior to that, then I'll have to sell the O2 immediately for the alimony payments--unless I get them SuperNinja style.