Berlin

Contrastique

I said I would post some pics so here they are :)

I'm not sure where to put them here so I just made a new thread..

It's all shot on b&w film. The images are so contrasty because of the film I used most of the time, Technical Pan for those interested, and developed in HC110, dillution depending on kind of Tech Pan film I used.

The scanner doesn't use dust correction for b&w and I was too lazy to do all the retouching today so you might catch a little dust.

nr80uu2.jpg

nr101qu0.jpg

nr160vt9.jpg

nr164kk6.jpg

nr189ju9.jpg

nr190al2.jpg

nr230ry8.jpg

nr236sr4.jpg

nr265md4.jpg

nr275ag7.jpg

nr298oh1.jpg

nr301sc5.jpg

nr315xk6.jpg

nr318pd8.jpg

nr321fi1.jpg

nr322lg9.jpg

nr375dp4.jpg

nr371ci0.jpg

nr386oc1.jpg

nr395ku6.jpg

nr422kh7.jpg

nr433mp5.jpg

nr473im1.jpg

nr495mc6.jpg

nr505tp2.jpg

nr518ey1.jpg

nr597rb7.jpg

nr612ku5.jpg

nr631ew8.jpg

nr655wd0.jpg

nr674ps3.jpg

nr676yl6.jpg

nr679wy7.jpg

nr681bs4.jpg

Thanx everyone :)

Great stories to go along with them... poeh, so many stories. This city is so huge. You walk all day long, in between using metros / S-bahn that is, and there's just too much to see.

The difference between west and east is still pretty big. You can easily notice East is the poorer part. It's less tightened, places look messy and it breaths a different sphere.

A lot of squathouses there which is pretty cool. Just been to one (well, sort of squatfield), which lies directly behind a certain part of the wall and it looked pretty nice.

West is like, the first day we walked there we saw like 10 different porsches , all 911 ones :eek: Bentley's whatever you name it..

The first night we sat outside at a bar and I heard this Formula 1 kind of noise heading our way and when I looked a white Lamborghini came sneering by. And again 5 minutes later..

All in all, quite some expensive cars entertaining the road.

Lot's of culture of course. Also an exposition of Dali containing some of his sketches and lithos. Lot's of Italian restaurants and so on.

The most part walking and walking and when the night falls you feel like a granny, yeah wussy I know :D

Lot's of fun and it was too short so they'll be seeing us again soon :D

Ow, and for a big city this place is so relaxed! Totally different like Paris for example. The people have time for living over there. They are also incredibly friendly as well. People drive pretty gentle although quite spicy.

A pretty remarkable experience for a big city-visit.

We also watched football outside at a bar when Germany played against Turkey. Pretty cool cause 10 meters further was another bar where the Turks were watching outside so it was an enjoyable watch haha!

And when it was done we went to the Kurfursterdamm, big street in Berlin, and all cars were on the street, honking, people screaming from excitement, i.e. lot's of noise - everyone went totally nuts, pretty awesome!

Awesome pictures and you really do have quite a good eye. Did you hit East Berlin the same day you hit the more modern part of the west? Quite a difference ehh? Would you post some pictures of the eastern side so some of the fellow HCasers can see the contrast? When I visited there I was just blown away by the depressing nature of East Berlin's buildings. One moment you are in a modern vibrant European city, walk a hundred meters you feel entirely different.

I just noticed, it appears that in the fifth picture you are in the "tower" facing East Berlin, yes? Nice shot.

Wonderful images Indra, I love the picture of the Veyron.

The last time I was in Berlin it was shortly after the wall fell and it sounds like that part of the city still hasn't made it all the way back. I know when I was there the contrast between East and West outside the city was even more amazing.

Awesome pictures and you really do have quite a good eye. Did you hit East Berlin the same day you hit the more modern part of the west? Quite a difference ehh? Would you post some pictures of the eastern side so some of the fellow HCasers can see the contrast? When I visited there I was just blown away by the depressing nature of East Berlin's buildings. One moment you are in a modern vibrant European city, walk a hundred meters you feel entirely different.

Here's one:

nr407zr5.jpg

I don't have that many "overall" shots as it's more the details that attrack me, sorry.

We first visited West and than took an entire day to see the East-side. It's really incredible to taste the difference between the 2 parts. Makes you feel the pain a little, although you can never imagine what all these people went through (luckily, I guess) but it makes you feel awkward. Makes you aware of the fact that you should never take freedom for granted.

I just noticed, it appears that in the fifth picture you are in the "tower" facing East Berlin, yes? Nice shot.

Indeed indeed. Thanx.

what is pictured in the first picture ?

(I recognise some names / words but not the context)

that pictures and the one with the shadow of a radio tower are my favourites :)

It's a sort of square in front of the Berlinische Galerie. I haven't read the words completely I have to say so don't have an answer to your question really as to what it exactly means.

Ow, and we also saw "Cirque du Soleil" which is such an amazing experience to see, Wauw! Their show is just incredible. so tightly preformed and extremely well thought through. Absolutely brilliant.