I Don't Like Ike !

swt61

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like ike either. the remnants of it caused very high winds, yesterday, here in cincinnati. my power was out until a little while ago.

The remnants hit Pittsburgh last night my power went out at about 9pm and it's still out @ home now. I'll be surprised if it's back on before tomorrow. Fucking Ike

Slow forum had a video that makes me scared of people who say stuff like that (light switch metaphor).

So I scare you? Cool.

It should scare you even more to know I work for the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (parent of the national weather service, we're part of NOAA).

DUQUESNE LIGHT CREWS CONTINUE RESTORATION EFFORTS; APPROXIMATELY 24,000 REMAIN WITHOUT POWER

September 16, 2008 – Noon update

PITTSBURGH –Duquesne Light’s crews continue to bring down the affected number of customers from Sunday night’s damaging wind storm, as 24,000 customers remain without service. This number is down from a peak number of 105,000 on Sunday.

Due to the amount of damage caused by this storm, Duquesne Light is projecting the following restoration times:

Eastern Allegheny County: Late Thursday, September 18

North and South Hills: Late Friday, September 19

Western Allegheny County and Beaver County: Late Friday, September 19

As we continue to assess the damage and needed repairs, we will be updating these restoration times for the affected locations

This storm has caused many incidents of downed wires, broken poles, and damaged transformers. For their safety, residents are urged to take caution and avoid downed wires. Do not drive over wires or attempt to move them, nor should residents try to remove trees and branches from wires.

Awesome no power @ home till thursday or friday :mad:

Awesome no power @ home till thursday or friday :mad:

FIFY.

Now everybody can see Ray's brilliance with the SR-71A. When all other power is out, you can continue to listen to music by replacing every day 9V batteries. It's RSA's response to global warming. :P

Seriously, sorry to hear about your power issues Todd. Good luck and hang in there.

That was the only thing down here that sustained damage, it's totaled. :P

I'll get it out Wednesday, as I have a few other items I need to mail then as well.

yeah! My R-core transformers just shipped from Hong Kong, so I'm going to need those heat sinks :) Now, if I can just stall Pete somehow.... I'll get your Pearl up and running before his :)