ALO M3?

Pars

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the front and back panels exactly match a Mini3 I am going to say that is what it is.

The big question is how much is he going to charge. If it's pricing matches that of his LODs I would say it is going to be in the neighbor hood of $300-400 which we all know is a joke. $150 I think would be in the realm of resonable.

I think it's a funny that people are congratulating him like he reinvented the wheel.

Edit: And I am glad to see he went all out on nice hardware and knob :palm:

Yeah, stock phillips head screws FTFL. And I really hope that it isn't the mini3, that would make me very, very sad.

If it is, did he bother to get permission? Or is this just a "similar" amp? And using the same name as another Amb DIY amp... those were the two issues that bothered me when I saw this.

Also ran across this (earlier, the quoted post)... ironic, no? It got better when I went back to read it tonight :palm:

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Ray Samuel Tomahawk, anything similar?

If it is, did he bother to get permission? Or is this just a "similar" amp? And using the same name as another Amb DIY amp... those were the two issues that bothered me when I saw this.

He isn't the first one to try to pass off a DIY design as his own. Drew of Shellbook tried to do that with the M^3 among other amps.

Also ran across this (earlier, the quoted post)... ironic, no? It got better when I went back to read it tonight :palm:

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Ray Samuel Tomahawk, anything similar?

''Even my custom volume knob....''

Hahahaaa good stuff!

Back to the OP, I just hope that he posts some internal pics to see where the boards are from and what the design is. It would be a shame if it's really a Mini^3, using a DIY design for profits...