Wet Shaving

SDM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is 100x more awesome. ;D

I wasn't trying to say that one thread was better than the other, just point out what different directions they took. I'd say one could easily distill the differences between HF and HC just by reading and comparing this thread on both sites.

I much prefer this version, but then I've known for a long time where I belong. ;D

I have a wet/dry electric so I can go through all the motions of having a wet shave without fear of accidentally and brutally cutting off my own head should I sneeze while shaving.

I think over the many years of wet shaving with sharp objects I must have removed enough skin to provide a good sized leather jacket by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Corey Greenberg, one of the most entertaining writers to ever grace the pages of Stereophile magazine, now writes almost exclusively about wet shaving at http://shaveblog.com/, therefore wet shaving must be at least as cool as audio, despite what some of you unfashionably hairy audiophiles think.

Personally, I roll a Merkur HD with Persona Super+ blades and a Rooney Super Badger brush. The real fun for me is changing out my shaving soap (cream rolling?), currently I'm using a Classic Shaving mug soap in the sandalwood scent.

Not only is my first post at Head Case in the shaving thread, it's in defense of the shaving thread...am I doomed from the get go? :cool:

Corey Greenberg, one of the most entertaining writers to ever grace the pages of Stereophile magazine, now writes almost exclusively about wet shaving at http://shaveblog.com/, therefore wet shaving must be at least as cool as audio, despite what some of you unfashionably hairy audiophiles think.

Personally, I roll a Merkur HD with Persona Super+ blades and a Rooney Super Badger brush. The real fun for me is changing out my shaving soap (cream rolling?), currently I'm using a Classic Shaving mug soap in the sandalwood scent.

Not only is my first post at Head Case in the shaving thread, it's in defense of the shaving thread...am I doomed from the get go? :cool:

Hi Clarke! Welcome to Head-Case and sorry about your thin skin . . . because it could get nicked by your Mercury Merkur HD and cause bleeding. :eek:

Glad you found your way over here. I thought I did enough of a pitch at the Cecil Taylor show but it took you awhile. :D