Head-Case Christmas Exchange

Luminette

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing in return, insisted! If you absolutely can't shake the compulsion, then pay it forward ;) I got in the habit of sending people CDs from amazon while doing my shopping for exchange partners and just went with it - I have a passion for sharing the music I love

Ok then, I went ahead and paid it forward today to two fine Head-Casers who will each receive 1 CD that I've selected for them (so I hope they like them, it was a bit of a gamble). 1 of the HC-ers is Iron_Dreamer, was tricky picking something out for him without asking him any questions that would've given it away... ;)

Ok then, I went ahead and paid it forward today to two fine Head-Casers who will each receive 1 CD that I've selected for them (so I hope they like them, it was a bit of a gamble). 1 of the HC-ers is Iron_Dreamer, was tricky picking something out for him without asking him any questions that would've given it away... ;)

Peter is easy. He likes slow tone poems on period instruments. >:D

Peter is easy. He likes slow tone poems on period instruments. >:D

Actually I don't think he would've minded that either. ;) His Last.fm library is the craziest thing I've ever seen - tons of metal music, and then out of nowhere, some film soundtrack or classical composer. Talk about polar opposites!

Roine Stolt - Wall Street Voodoo

RS-WSV.jpg

Shpongle - Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost

6188P1RC7PL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I've listened briefly to both albums and they're excellent. I was familiar with The Flower Kings, but this Roine Stolt solo album is very far from prog, it's more like 70's bluesy classic rock. The Shpongle album is very good, trippy music with some similarities to Infected Mushroom, but smoother and even weirder. Good job on your music choice Jackson! :)

I managed to wait until Christmas to open Riceboy's discs and I was treated to:

Jake Shimabukura Walking Down Rainhill

516ZZ56D1ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

and Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau Ho'oluana

41GZZDHGSYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Jake is great and I look forward to hearing the Hawaiian stylings of the Makaha Sons! Thanks so much Ricey! Merry Christmas again, everybody. :D

I managed to wait until Christmas to open Riceboy's discs and I was treated to:

Jake Shimabukura Walking Down Rainhill

516ZZ56D1ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

and Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau Ho'oluana

41GZZDHGSYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Jake is great and I look forward to hearing the Hawaiian stylings of the Makaha Sons! Thanks so much Ricey! Merry Christmas again, everybody. :D

I'm so happy you are enjoying the Jake :D. I really, really like the Makaha Sons. I would say that is Israel's first breakout album when he was playing with the Makaha Sons until he went solo and sang "What a Wonderful World". That album has a lot of classic Hawaiian tunes on it. I am still listening to the 100 Years Jazz Guitar and Lucinda Willliams. Thanks again and Have a Merry Xmas Al :)