What would be the best XLR cable for the money

Blackmore

That's a pretty tight budget for anything other than pretty basic balanced cables. I'd have a look at Blue Jeans Cables and see what they can do for you, in that price bracket they're pretty hard to beat and some would argue that spending more than that isn't buying you anything.

Thanks guys, but how about Cardas Crosslink from MoonAudio? I bought an Dh Labs Custom BL-1 Interconnects rca from Drew time ago, but not sure if this one would be the one, so maybe Cardas:confused:

I really like DH LABS, gives all detail, speed, clarity, while Cardas is a bit warmer, I guess...

AudiogoN ForSale: Cardas Crosslink

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablintr&1236342379

I have a pair of Oracle2 XLR cables (silver alloy)... they are 1m long. I used them in my system for some time but no longer need them. They would normally be $205 but you can have them for $100 if you like.

Other then that I would pick up a pair of Blue Jeans XLRs and forget the others at that price point.

Edited by Grand Enigma

If I were to use a balanced XLR output to use RCA wires to feed a SE amp-preamp input, I'd get one of these Very affordable and keeping one of the advantages of balanced operation which is keeping common noise rejected.

188455.jpg

However if you're looking for XLR wires, good and affordable, then my suggestion would be a pair of Van den Hul D102 balanced. Nice wires for the money. Moreover I have a contact in Holland who can sell them at very good prices.

Edited by Torpedo

There's also monoprice if you want to go really cheap, but still have some quality.

A friend of mine bought some Monoprice XLRs and found their connectors to be enough out of spec that connecting them (and, more to the point, disconnecting them) feels like the XLR jack is going to be torn out. imagine the Monster Cable RCA Cable Grip of Death phenomenon, but with XLRs.

• 4 months later...