JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Working on a portable carry case for Jerry.

Problem is, I think it's going to cost too much to make over the cost of the existing carbon fiber case.

So question is, would you all be willing to purchase a high end portable carbon fiber carry case (think high end cigarette lighter) separately?

Here's a pic of a Lotus Lighter.

a-zlighters_2062_83158949

Or perhaps take your pick. Free Big carry case (like the one already existing) or Free Portable Carry case. You could then buy the other one separately if you'd like.

Carbon Fiber is not cheap to have made. Jerry is captain overkill, doing what other companies shy away from due to profit margain bean counting. But even Jerry needs to make money at the end of the day.

Honestly, IMO, while I like the existing case, it's not very useful to me. I would prefer to have a perfect portable pocket carry case, even if it meant I didn't get a big carry case with my name on it.

-Ed

Honestly, IMO, while I like the existing case, it's not very useful to me. I would prefer to have a perfect portable pocket carry case, even if it meant I didn't get a big carry case with my name on it.

-Ed

I agree. The case is pretty much useless to me. I would much prefer a high quality portable case.

So question is, would you all be willing to purchase a high end portable carbon fiber carry case (think high end cigarette lighter) separately?

uh....Ed, you're talking to a group of people who dropped $1000 plus on freaking iems they'd never heard before. I'm not sure I would want one, but it would sell.

-Ed

Yup.

Re the lighter-type case. It looks cool, but I'm wondering how the iems would fit down in there and how easy the access would be.

The little Westone case I just picked up even has a little pouchy thing (actually made for extra tips) the wax tool could fit in. If the lighter case were as practical and useable as that, I'd pay extra for it.

31694876-2-300-DT1.gif

Yes, I'm working on integrating a way to be able to plug in the 3.5mm plug and the cleaning tool in the top half of the case.

The case would be much thicker than the Lotus Lighter pictured.

Rough dimensions initially are 100x50x35mm

Going over the cost to produce these. If it's OK, I'll ask Jerry if i can post pics of the initial product renders here. Don't want to get everyone excited about something that can't be made.

If we can get enough people to tell Jerry that they'd be willing to pay extra for a high quality case, the more likely it will be made.

-Ed

Some people on hf are buying back up jh13s for criss sake. I'm quite sure they'd buy a cool case in a heartbeat Depending on the price - are we talking $25, $50 or more? - some more normal people or even most people would be interested.

Heheh, if it were with my overkill idea, it would be over $50 just to make it, with zero mark up. Of course it would be Carbon Fiber and Titanium. I think Stainless steel or even Aluminum will suffice.

FWIW, if they looked cool with carbon fiber and they were functional like the clam shell design, I would buy them in a heartbeat. I have a carbon fiber road bike, carbon fiber road bike sunglasses, carbon fiber knife handles, and a carbon fiber pen for the office. I take to carbon fiber like spritzer takes to stats. :P

FWIW, if they looked cool with carbon fiber and they were functional like the clam shell design, I would buy them in a heartbeat. I have a carbon fiber road bike, carbon fiber road bike sunglasses, carbon fiber knife handles, and a carbon fiber pen for the office. I take to carbon fiber like spritzer takes to stats. :P

I think functional is the key. The current case just isn't functional (does anyone actually use it?).

A girl from work saw me reading this thread during lunch time, and asked "why do you visit that forum so often?"

I explained to her my whole obsession with headphones. She approved as she said she shares the same guilt with fashion. Anyhow, she then proceeded to ask me what specific thread I was reading, and I mentioned all things and comments about the JH13.

"Are you getting them?" She asked.

"No. Not yet at least. My gut feeling tells me to hold off till I get a new amp, then get these."

"Hmmm. And everyone says they are better than everything else out there?" She asked again.

"Pretty much, yes."

"Hmmm..." she looked at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"From my experience, I think you need a new gut."

=/