JH Audio stuffs

atothex

Just been listening to Paul Chambers' Chamber Mates and I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm from the Mosaic Select 5.

try Yesterdays the bowed bass is scary goodd

Is there a significant improvement with the Pico?

I'm considering one, but can't really imagine how much better it can get. They already sound really great right out of my Zune.

the pico/dac is takes them up several levels over my Iphone

I just did a little listening straight from my Sansa Clip and modded IHP-120. There is no question that the Pico makes the bass impact more noticeable and physical.

The JH13 is so revealing, though, that using the Pico DAC, as opposed to either of the above players makes by far the biggest difference. The difference in clarity and detail is very significant. Now I just want to hear them from a uber-high-end DAC! If you are just listening from a DAP, you're leaving quite a bit on the table.

The Sonic Studios is maybe not an uber dac but dang they sound stunning out of it. Still want to get a home amp made specifically for them

try Yesterdays the bowed bass is scary goodd

Yesterdays is where I started. By the time I got to Chamber Mates and I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm, there was just a build up of wow.

Still want to get a home amp made specifically for them
Calling Justin. Pico Grande time.

The JH13 is so revealing, though, that using the Pico DAC, as opposed to either of the above players makes by far the biggest difference. The difference in clarity and detail is very significant. Now I just want to hear them from a uber-high-end DAC! If you are just listening from a DAP, you're leaving quite a bit on the table.

With these custom iems in general, a good source will make all the difference. The fact that they sound great straight out of a dap shows that they are extremely efficient power wise, hence better amplification is not necessary imo. Those that want to upgrade their custom iem experience should get the best source possible. From all the daps i've tried, they sounded so damn different it was remarkably easy to tell the difference. These iems are so damn precise and focused as many of you are now experiencing.

Pico Dac for the win!

Or perhaps Hifiman anyone?:D

^ part of that could be differences in size of the output capacitors (if any) on DAPs. a 47uF output capacitor, with the 13 ohm impedance of the UE10 - and I don't know specifically what the impedance is for low frequencies - would mean it starts rolling off below 260Hz.

When you owners keep talking about how great these are, do you speak of their greatness within their IEM category, or just "headphones" overall? Because if it is for the headphone category in general... daaayum.

A post of mine from the other site:

Many of us have been somewhat cautious in our comments (others not so) as to not overly hype the JH-13 Pro. However, now you can see why we are all so excited about them.

These aren't just great custom IEMs, these are truly outstanding headphones. And what is more amazing, is that this is regardless of the source, it seems. Sure, they probably scale very well with better source/amplification, but they are mind blowing straight out of an mp3 player.

When you owners keep talking about how great these are, do you speak of their greatness within their IEM category, or just "headphones" overall? Because if it is for the headphone category in general... daaayum.

normally when I speak of iems it is qualified "good for an IEM" burt the JH13 is right up there with top end headphone and I totally consider it "high end" without qualification.

The JH13 is just so damn awesome, I'd rank it my third favorite headphone behind the Audio-Technica AD2000 and Qualia! Well, at least for now, because I haven't listened to my SR-X MKIII in a while and hence it's possible I'd rank the JH13 as #4.

I listen to my JH13 every single day and I've started falling asleep with them. Pure bliss straight out of my iAudio X5, it's just spookily good! A lot of headphones have quickly bugged me for one reason or another (the HD800 certainly did) but I've had no such issues with the JH13. It didn't really impress me at first but the more I listen, the more I like it. In fact, my Qualia and AD2K have already started to gather some dust.... :kitty:

The JH13 is just the most amazing thing period. You owe it to yourself to try one! And you're in Florida which should make the decision that much easier, go demo the universals!